What has happened to conversation on this board?

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by cmcdougall, Dec 31, 2005.

1. cmcdougall

cmcdougall Piano User

Feb 3, 2005
    I dont know, maybe it is just me, but it seems like there has been fewer and fewer posts on this board in the last few months and that conversation has become less and less interesting. A few months ago I was making about twice the number of posts per day on this board as I was on TH and now I have found I am posting very little here, it seems like the conversation has just become very boring, hopefully it's just me. Anyone care to elaborate?

2. DaveH

DaveH Piano User

Nov 27, 2003
    Perhaps it's just timing on my part, but most of the time when I visit, the recent posts area have been a lot of politics and other non-trumpet related topics. Perhaps that is having an effect on staying around?

Speaking for myself, I see that and get the impression that those are the areas of interest. So, I just move on...

3. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    Could be the holidays, everyone is busy......

4. cmcdougall

cmcdougall Piano User

Feb 3, 2005
    Good memory, report will follow after that even in June 2006. No but seriously chill out man, I'm not tryin to piss anyone off ( I don't see why you would be) but conversation here just hasn't been very trumpet related lately it doesn't seem like.

5. richtom

richtom Forte User

Dec 7, 2003
    I agree, there are fewer posts here lately.
    Fortunately, unlike the other site, there is no BS going on here. I've watched the other trumpet site deteriorate into little more than a chat room filled with self praise and misinformation. Not everyone on that site, mind you, there are world-class pros who post and answer questions there, but there is just too much utter nonsense from so many others.
    Most folks are just a bit too busy at this time of year and I am sure many of the posters here have been doing quite a bit of performing now as well.
    Things will pick up.

6. eclipse trumpets

eclipse trumpets Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    Hi All

Just got in from our New Year celebrations but had to answer this in some way.

This time of year always tends to soften the posting on the forums of this site, but that can be said for nearly all sites (trumpet related or not!)

Folks are away or spending time with their loved ones and this can only be considered a good thing, it means we have not all forgotten what is truly important to us.

Trumpets, music and the whole scene surrounding it are a very important part of our lives, but nothing is more important than our families or friends!
    Give the place some time into the new year for folks to have had their fill of the Christmas and New Year thing and they will be back to share in the other things that mean a great deal to them.

Richtom! could not have said it better

Best Wishes

Leigh

7. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    When you are in high school and college you have lots of free time around Christmas, but most posters here are adults and are extremely busy at this time of year.

Another reason is that maybe more TM posters have gigs, and thus less time to talk…TH posters on the other hand…:bleah:

8. miles71

miles71 Mezzo Piano User

Nov 8, 2004
    Maryland
    Actually, I am hoping to get more involved in this post. I agree some of the other forums are getting a little to "sugary". As a matter of fast I feel a post coming on now!!!!

PS: I have been on TM for about a year and am still considered a "new friend"?

9. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    Hello new friend!!! :-)

10. PhatmonB6

PhatmonB6 Mezzo Piano User

Jan 16, 2005
    Minnesota
    Interesting thread..I would have to say it is because of the Hoilday Season....I asked my niece (Trumpet Hobo) why she has not been posting for awhile and she told me all the posts have been to complex for her lately...Yhea right....She has been spending all her time on that dang GREEN DAY website!!! :x. I am sure it will start to pick up after we all get back into routine. ;-)