What have you invented?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by borge705, Jan 14, 2009.

1. johnMak

johnMak Pianissimo User

Dec 1, 2008
    Ridgecrest CA
    I had three individual cups put aside on the counter as I cleaned the trumpet. I've soaked them seperatly and thought, what would hapen if I got them mixed up, but I see now that is not THAT important, many are marked.

Anyway........

I'm going to Stater Bros Tomorrow and going to buy three mini M&M tubes. I will have to empty them first which would be Alright with me...:D

Then If I may I will tape them together and number the tubes 1,2,3, so it will be REALLY easy to keep tabs on which is which.

Where do we send our donation for this idea? I thought about this too. but never seem to click the last time I had the Mini M&M's

Thanks for sharing your idea.

2. borge705

borge705 Pianissimo User

Dec 20, 2008
    INACTIVE ACCOUNT
    Hi John

The "collect a dollar" comment was just a joke.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  3. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Borge, my problem is that I have little idea of the voltage required for LEDs except that they are not 3 volts and that 12 volts will be way too much -you get a low level "pop" when too much voltage is applied (it's more like 2.6 volts I think). LEDs would be the superior light source and some batteries can be very small - I suspect that the whole device could be made much smaller and much lighter if the LED conundrum can be solved - LEDs are directional so EVERYTHING can be simplified. Is there an ET out there who might offer an opinion. I would really like to develop this thing a little more.

4. lushcot714

lushcot714 New Friend

Jul 16, 2008
    San Juan, PR
    My friend borge 705, I use the mini M&M plastic containers as mouthpiece case. A little tight, but works. :-)

5. trumPF

trumPF New Friend

Aug 14, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Does a technique count as an invention? A way to fight that annoying gradually-collapsing Manhasset music stand syndrome when in the middle of a gig or rehearsal: place a cup mute upside down, with the pointy end against the the area where the shiny middle part of the stand slides into the base. The cup part of the mute will support the weight of the top part of the stand, preventing it from sliding all of the way down. Yes, I know, genius.

6. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    My LED flashlights call for 3 AAA batteries for a total of 4.5 volts. One flashlight has a single LED, the other has 3. If wired in parallel all of those LEDs get 4.5 volts.
    veery

7. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Veery, I've got some spare LEDs - I'll play with 4.5v over the next couple of days and then create a post with the results. Thanks.

8. borge705

borge705 Pianissimo User

Dec 20, 2008
    INACTIVE ACCOUNT
    deleted

9. borge705

borge705 Pianissimo User

Dec 20, 2008
    INACTIVE ACCOUNT
    deleted

10. stchasking

stchasking Forte User

Jun 11, 2006
    Are you sure it isn't gaffer tape? A gaffer is a person who sets up lights for video production and theater works. Gaffer tape is extra sticky, better than duct tape, adhesive.

You could probably stick Silverstar to the ceiling with gaffer tape.