What is a "slap" mouthpiece?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Daddy-O, Feb 13, 2006.

  1. The subject line says it all, what is a 'slap' mouthpiece? What other sub types of mpc's does Monette offer? I now play a Monette STC1 B1-5 I love it so far. I am considering a step up to a Prana what model of Prana would be closest to the B1-5 that I am now using?

    Thanks Vic Kaczmar
  2. Manny Laureano

    Manny Laureano Utimate User

    Sep 29, 2004
    May I suggest you call or e-mail Monette's company? They're very good at explaining those sorts of answers.

  3. Dan Millheim

    Dan Millheim Pianissimo User

    Sep 4, 2004
    Fort Worth ,TX
    Funny you should ask about the "slap" mouthpiece as I just got a message from Gretchen at Monette about it. The slap mouthpiece is available in standard Classic or Prana issued mouthpieces. Dean Comley is their Mouthpiece maker and you could ask him additional questions. The number is 503 255 5552. Here is her reply::

    " The slap refers to a cup shape that makes the sound more vibrant,resonant and responsive. It is not deeper, but is a different bowl shaped cup. They have been very well recieved... If you would like to sell your first born child to purchase one let us know?" Ok, I added that last part ha. Hope this helps?

    Finish Well,

Share This Page