What is/are best music classifieds sites for finding other musicians?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by garrettmarvel, Aug 6, 2009.

1. garrettmarvel

garrettmarvel New Friend

Jan 21, 2009
    What is/are best music classifieds sites for finding other musicians or bands?

thanks!

garrett

:play:

2. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  3. garrettmarvel

garrettmarvel New Friend

Jan 21, 2009
    i was thinking about trying to find individual musicians and/or bands looking for musicians. i use craigslist, but know there used to be more musician focused sites in the past, i just haven't found any that seem to be the most effective or most travelled sites to find other musicians/bands...

4. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Vidin, Bulgaria
    As you speak of craiglist, I guess that you are based somewhere in US. Besides all the instrument related forums, you can also try brass band related online forums like theMouthPiece.com (which is UK Based BTW, but probably you can google for simlar US forums), music teachers related forums/websites like MusicStaff.com-Music Teacher Locator-Zip Code Based Search Service or MUSIC LESSONS | Piano Lessons, Guitar Lessons, Voice Lessons & more (there is many like those, just google some more), or you can just put a paper note on the local university. Just use your imagination.

5. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Solar Bell - Thanks. What a great list. I found several community bands in my local area that I did not know existed. Now, if someone will unlock the tool shed door, maybe I can come out and play with the other kids in the band. (What? Too soon you say? Well, back to Arbans for awhile yet.)

6. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    NO!

Not too soon...go and join any community band that will have you.

If you're not good enough for the first part, it is a great way to build your chops and your reading chops.

Also, it is great to play music with other musicians of all stages of development!

7. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Thanks for the permission. I think I found a way to pry the window open...Yes! I can escape. Now, off to join one of the bands (hopefully).

8. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Vidin, Bulgaria