What is fatigue?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by JackTheMusician, Oct 8, 2015.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Just out of sincere interest, VB, how long did it take you to recover after that particular event?

2. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    Fatigue is... yawn... do we really have to discuss this now? I'm so sleepy... snore...

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    And then there is this varietry ^

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Schedule an appointment with my office staff, I beleive we may need to perform a sleep study.:think:

5. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Which one? Minor pain a couple of times playing Maynard charts or four hour dance gigs, which took a day or so to recover. Two major bruises, one involving practicing the Brandenburg twice back to back, and once when hit by a Frisbee. The Frisbee incident kept me from playing for about three days, sore for a week. My treatment involved hot and cold packs, aspirin, soft playing and beer.

Word on the street is that DMSO works wonder on bruises.

6. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    I think there is some confusion with the term fatigue. By "good fatigue" earlier, I meant "tiredness" as opposed to "exhaustion." As I see it, as a psuedoscientist, we have a sort of continuum: Fresh---Tired---Fatigued---Exhausted. I believe it is OK to enter the fatigued phase provided we are careful to compensate with good habits like breathing and posture. The tongue we can take much farther into the fatigued stage that the rest of the chops.