What is the best brand of trumpets?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Hitman0042, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Hitman0042

Hitman0042 Banned

Aug 9, 2008
    Australia
    What is the best brand for a trumpet?

2. CHAMP

CHAMP Piano User

Nov 16, 2005
    that chinese one you bought has to be pretty far up on the list...

3. Brass crusader

Brass crusader Mezzo Piano User

Whatever works for you personally. There is no "absolute best" brand that everyone agrees on.

4. bilboinsa

bilboinsa Piano User

Jan 24, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    +1

5. Hitman0042

Hitman0042 Banned

Aug 9, 2008
    Australia
    Do you always have to be smart ass. If you dont have anything nice to say why would u say? to hurt my feelings? I dont really care i have only been playing a bit more than a month. It people like you that hurt pepole for no reason that defines the word jerk!:dontknow:

6. Graham

Graham Pianissimo User

Jun 8, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Well, it's really a matter of personal opinion dude. It'd be kinda like what the best make of car is... You've got your Fords, Holdens and Toyotas. They're all good in their own right, but people will all have their own opinions on what's better.

7. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA
    Hitman,

Some folks have particular brands and models they favor. Some are still searching for a brand/model that works best for them. At one time, people use to lean on brands from the USA, but there are wonderful horns made elsewhere today. Some have reported that better horns from China exist and are liked. You can see that as you view the different forum reponses. Most people buy what they can afford and/or pay for in installments. I suspect that the more you play your instrument and the better you become, you will begin looking around for a better one than you have. Best to shop around and try as many brands and models you can before purchasing.

Best wishes,

Lloyd

8. Hitman0042

Hitman0042 Banned

Aug 9, 2008
    Australia
    well the next trumpet i get i want it to be a Bach

9. Sofus

Sofus Forte User

Jul 26, 2008
    I think your question is WERY relevant, Hitman!

We ALL ask ourselves this more often than once in a while.

The thing is that since we are the ones who will be playing them, we must try them to see if we like them and to see how well they suit us (also a matter of falling in love with them!).

Not often is the horn the limit, instead the player usually is! One could see the question of bying a horn as something one earns; when we´ve got too good for our present horn, we deserve to get a better one. Also, by that time we´ve had time to form an opinion of what "better" would be.

And don´t forget: TRY BEFORE BUY!!
    Try any instrument you´re gonna buy properly before buying it!

10. et_mike

et_mike Mezzo Forte User

Oct 16, 2007
    Chesapeake, VA
    No such thing.... to state what so many others have already... it is all a matter of personal choice and what works for you. Now if you want to get general about things, all manufactures, in my observance, seem to have little things they are known for, ie... Bach are considered the "industry standard", or at least their "sound" is, Getzens are known for having some of the best valves in the industry and Yamahas are generally known for their exceptional build quality and uniformity from horn to horn.... but none of these things matter if these horns don't work for you.... so play as many horns as you can, then ask the question... "What is the best brand of trumpet for ME." :play: