What is the best brand of trumpets?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Hitman0042, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Ed Kennedy

Ed Kennedy Forte User

Nov 18, 2006
    BTW, if you can't take smarta** remarks, stay away from trumpet forums. As a species we can take it and we can dish it out. So don't get mad, just start dishing it!

2. vrrodri

vrrodri New Friend

Sep 12, 2008
    I narrowed my options to a Yammie 8310, a Stomvi Forte, or a Kanstul 1500...anyone plays any of these? I am looking for free flow in the high register. Any advice?
    Thanks

3. edcon1981

edcon1981 Mezzo Forte User

Jun 25, 2008
    Central Jersey
    brilliant. if you knew anything about this forum you'd realize that hitman is a troll who's name was killed by the moderators a long time ago. hitman is no more. but no, you're just another one of those lurkers that never post and only come out of the woodwork to play devil's advocate to something that you don't know the history on.

THERE IS NO HITMAN!! hell, go to the very first page and look under hitman's name. what does it say?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
  4. MrA2You

MrA2You Pianissimo User

May 26, 2008
    Manchester UK

Your correct, it says (in a rather discreet manner) BANNED. :dontknow:
    Lurking? Never post? Hell, go to the left of this post and look at my screen name. 36 posts since May of various types, asking questions, offering opinions etc. Since when was it compulsary to post at every opportunity?
    Nuf said.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  5. Bloomin Untidy Musician

Bloomin Untidy Musician Piano User

Jan 14, 2008
    Staffordshire
    I am tired of reading boring bickering threads. :dontknow:

I think it is about time that this thread is sent to room 101.

6. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    .... or perhaps 'Circular File 13'? Eh! B.U.M.? ROFL

7. ccNochops

ccNochops Piano User

Sep 30, 2006
    White Marsh, VA
    So, what is the best brand of trumpet? I feel so cheap....the only reason I asked that is to get the "Hello ccNochops, It appears that you have not posted in several weeks. We hope to hear from you soon! " off the top of my banner :grouphug:...........I need a hug :roll:

8. edcon1981

Jun 25, 2008
    Central Jersey
    the best brand of trumpet is the one that you like the best. asking that question is like asking "what's the best brand of car". personally, i think olds are the best. but i know the minute i hit "post reply" i'll get a dozen replies as to why i'm wrong :D

9. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    You are NOT wrong - but my Getzen is the best - for me.

10. edcon1981

Jun 25, 2008
    Central Jersey
    why thank you ted.

speaking of getzens... i just did a practice session with a friend's getzen soprano bugle (trumpet in g), and it seemed to slot a bit easier and sounded a bit crisper than my kanstul. but compared to the kanstul it wasn't as well balanced and i dind't like the valve action...