What is the best cartoon

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by student trumpet, Jan 1, 2005.

What is the best cartoon

1. Calvin+Hobbs

100.0%
  2. Close to home

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dilbert

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Garfield

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Charlie Brown

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Zits

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. student trumpet

student trumpet Pianissimo User

Dec 7, 2004
    Minnesota
    Let's see which is the best :-o

2. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    I've always been partial to Calvin & Hobbs. I think the reason is that I can identify with Calvin's "flights of fancy" having raised four kids who were all diagnosed with varying degrees of ADD and Hyperactivity Disorder. Oh, they're bright all right...and I'm proud of every one of them. But they sometimes get up to the darndest things. I can only imagine what is going on in their brains at times (and that is given that they got their ADD from somewhere... and I don't think it was their mother!)

I think it was a shame that the cartoon was closed down...but there are always the "collections" to remember them by.

A couple of others that I've always liked (and used to collect) were ones that our friends in UK would likely be more familiar with....

The Giles cartoons and "Asterix and Obelix". Now THOSE are hilarious. I'd also love to see Disney to some Asterix and Obelix movies with computer graphics.

Still... you've selected a pretty good bunch there for us to choose from.

3. latinjazzcat

latinjazzcat Pianissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    West Virginia
    Growing up I was always fond of Garfield and later Scooby-Doo, although I must say my favorite cartoon has to be one that I just recently saw one morning channel surfing, and I'm now addicted..."The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy". Maybe it's just my cynical nature, but man I love that show :D .

4. crazyhorns

crazyhorns New Friend

Nov 9, 2003
    NJ/Philly
    So happy to see that this site has come such a long way since the "dedicated forums" era... Now we're doing cartoon polls? Great...

~Steve Hyde~

5. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    Steve,

It is the lounge. Fun, crazy, and other types of subjects come up here. Nothing to do with trumpets necessarily. Most, if not all, boards have an area like this one.

Need serious trumpet discussion -- head to most of the other sections of this board.

Jim

6. crazyhorns

crazyhorns New Friend

Nov 9, 2003
    NJ/Philly
    Sorry...Didn't realize I was in the Lounge. Drabble was my favotite cartoon, btw. Back in the 80's.
    ~Steve Hyde~

7. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester New Friend

Aug 9, 2004
    Belgium, Brussels
    Calvin & Hobbs. Hands down. :-)

8. Lazorphaze

Lazorphaze Piano User

Feb 3, 2004
    i like calvin & hobbs.
    and Dilbert.

9. jpkaminga

jpkaminga Pianissimo User

Jul 1, 2004
    Boston
    I really like how the numbers are breaking down, I'm happy to see Calvin and Hobbes far ahead of the competition, and Dilbert next, with Charlie Brown and Other in close contention, what about the others though,
    Far Side and Zippy are two of my favorites

10. Heavens2kadonka

Heavens2kadonka Forte User

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    The Far Side definitely was my favorite, though they had their better days and worse days.

My favorite is the one that shows these two ragged guys on a small, one-palm tree island, making "gun-hands" and pointing them at each other. A box, with the words "Arms shipment" and guns sticking out of the top of the box, is floating towards the island.

CAPTION: The gods decide to toy with (Guy's name) and (Guy's name).

That one's still my favorite.

Van