What is the most memorable piece/song that you've played ?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Chuck Cox, Dec 31, 2011.

1. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    "And the Angels sing" down in front, big auditorium, many people, much sweat, that dang High C.............AARRGGHHHH

2. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    I love that tune.

3. Bogieboy

Bogieboy Pianissimo User

Dec 20, 2011
    Worthy is the Lamb is a powerful song....

That reminds me.... I play with a mens singing group in several of the local churches, and around christmas, they do several Christmas concerts... Every one of them ends with everyone (both the mens group and the congregation ) singing Joy to the World, (in 4 keys for 4 verses, and the organist just pours everything in it the last 2 verses) and then straight into the Hallelujah Chorus... MAN....... Talk about emotional playing and singing.... Im getting tears in the corner of my eye just thinking about it....THAT is what keeps me coming back...not for my sake but for the One who gave me the gift of being able to play the trumpet.....

4. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    I don't have one particular performance that was a real standout.

A couple do hold a special place in my life. The first was just last July playing the Prince of Denmark's March at
    my daughter's wedding. It went very well and I was very honored to play it.

The second was playing Amazing Grace (Trpt 2) with my brass quintet a few years ago at the funeral
    for our lead trumpet player's father. It was a pretty moving experience. Frankly, I don't know how he possibly
    was able to play the solo at his own father's funeral. Again, I was honored to be there.

Most other memorable events happened at religious events also.

Greg

5. Sterling

Sterling Mezzo Forte User

Oct 22, 2007
    Marcellus, NY
    Playing B Minor Mass in college at Crane with my teacher, Gordon Mathie as my assistant.

6. arsenal123gunners

arsenal123gunners New Friend

Nov 6, 2010
    I played The Spirit of St. Frederick by Nick Lane by senior year of high school as our last song. It was such a great way to end my high school career

7. xjb0906

xjb0906 Piano User

May 2, 2009
    Charlotte NC
    For me it is a bugle call. My first time playing in front of people after my 14 year hiatus was at a veteran's funeral. I played Taps. Never been more nervous before or since. I have since joined 2 ensembles and have played for various churches and sporting events. I still play for veterans when asked. Playing to honor America's heroes will always be the most memorable for me.

8. forrest

forrest Piano User

Aug 14, 2007
    St Louis MO
    Verdi's Triumphal March from Aida last spring in one of my community bands and then last week's Bach's Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring. We had some (hired) strings that did a spectacular job. Everyone did a great job on all that legato tounging.

9. MVF

MVF Pianissimo User

Sep 10, 2010
    SoCal
    In high school we played Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral. One time, during rehearsal it all just came together - magic! Not a dry eye in the house. We never performed it and I don't recall if we even ever played it again. I think our Band Director may have wanted to leave us that experience uncolored by playing it again not so well. Really showed me what playing music could be.