What is the one horn you wish you could have back?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by rbdeli, Aug 11, 2009.

1. rbdeli

rbdeli Mezzo Piano User

May 8, 2009
    CO
    One,
    My 1978 Getzen Eterna Flugelhorn which I sold like a dummy in College for about $500. Would love to be able to pick that beast up and play it again.
    Lots of Getzen Trumpets, but you don't see many getzen flugelhorns on ebay anymore.

Two,
    My Yamaha Trumpet I played in Highschool. Not a great horn, but it was the first new horn my Dad purchased for me. I'd like that one for sentimental reasons.

2. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    The Conn 6B my parents bought for me back in '68 for high school band (it was a used one, circa 1960 or '61). I've bought a "replacement" 1960 model just like it, in better condition, but it isn't my old horn...:-(

3. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    2 Horns

My Dad's King Super 20 from around 1956.

My Dad's Eterna Severinsen model. Serial number under 1000.

When my dad died a friend of his came and asked my mother if he could buy his horn..."just HAD to have Chuck's horn." ( the Getzen)

I didn't know my mom sold it.

When I asked about it about a year later, Mom told me who she sold it to.

I visited the fellow and said I wanted my dad's horn back, I would pay more than the fellow paid.

He said he sold it.

I asked him who he sold it to.

He said he didn't know the guy!!!!!!!

This is the moron that told my mother he "Had to have Chuck's horn, he missed Chuck so much."

I could have punched the guy!

4. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.
    My dads King Silvertone trumpet that my grand mother bought for him in 1930, just before she was killed in an auto/truck accident. It was stolen from my closet in the BOQ at San Diego Naval Hospital while I was on duty. Not only was that one of the finest trumpets I have ever played, it was a cherished heirloom. That theft broke my dads heart, mine too. I have often wished that the thief had his lips rot off while playing it.

OLDLOU>>

5. Fluffy615

Fluffy615 Piano User

Nov 30, 2006
    New Jersey
    My Getzen Eterna Severinsen model that my parents bought me as an 8th grade graduation present. It saw me through high school and 3 years of college. It was stolen when I brought it into the HS I was teaching in. I was lending it to a student that was having his horn repaired.

6. Firestas'1

Firestas'1 Piano User

Dec 21, 2006
    New Jersey
    I still have every horn I ever bought / received. For that matter I still have my first car too, and my second, third.....

OK I don't get rid of anything.

7. Bob Grier

Bob Grier Forte User

May 4, 2007
    Greensboro, NC
    My 1964 King Silverflair that in 1968 I traded for a Bach C. I was too young to realize what a great horn it was.

8. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Olds Clark Terry Flugel.... still miss it, what a great sound.
    and a close second, is the Bach Mercedes (early model).

9. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    My Mendez trumpet I used in school. It was stolen right after I got out of the Navy along with my seabag......

10. Trumpet1Ohio

Trumpet1Ohio Piano User

Jun 22, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    In this order:

1. My Burbank Benge 3X- had it from '71 until earllier this year (miss it)

2. Martin Handcraft- should have kept it...thought it needed too much work

3. Couesnon Flugel '72 (traded it for a guitar back in the early '80s...idiot move)