What is the one horn you wish you could have back?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by rbdeli, Aug 11, 2009.

1. MFfan

MFfan Fortissimo User

Sep 13, 2006
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    My 1960 K mod 24b bought new for me for college. Sold it 10 yrs later to Byron Autrey.(wonder what he did with it?) Have to slip in my Yamaha 734 bought by me, new in 1974. Didn't realized how fine these horns were until internet and soaring values seemed to illustrate it.

2. Gaucho Viejo

Gaucho Viejo Pianissimo User

Apr 23, 2008
    Palouse, Washington
    In 1968, for my 12th birthday, my Dad researched and settled upon a Buffet Crampon professional trumpet. I played it through High School and College - then in church until, in 2002 I loaned it to the High School music program where I taught Foreign Language. Three years later I went "down the road" (a common occurrence for teachers of the Humanities in Idaho) and when I asked my colleague for the Buffet he couldn't find it - "couldn't remember to whom he had loaned it" . . . it had become, by default, the property of a youngster I am sure is totally incapable of understanding just what a great horn he has sitting in the back of his closet unplayed. I've tried replacing it by making appeals here and on TH - got close with another, newer (German) offering sold to me by Robert Rowe. Someday I'll find the right one and I'll pounce all over it.