What is your endurance?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Rick Chartrand, Sep 24, 2005.

1. Daff

Daff Pianissimo User

Jul 10, 2004
    Let's keep my wife out of this.

2. Rick Chartrand

Rick Chartrand Piano User

Nov 22, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Hey Daff

Ya I'm trashed after about 2 1/2 hours on my 1c of non stop playing too, so I know how you feel, but I go for 5 hours on my Heim 10c. Sorry to sound as though I was coming on strong there. Sounded to me as though Warren was just being a bit of a smart alec, and I dont have time or patience for that nonsence. I get enough of that from other trumpeters I know. Anyway...sorry Warren :oops:

I usually work more than one gig a night, and it works out to about 5 hours.

Rick AKA Trumpet Man

3. Daff

Daff Pianissimo User

Jul 10, 2004
    Nothing to be sorry about, thanks. I meant that it sounds like you're a strong player. 4-5 hours is way beyond my limit!

4. londonhusker

londonhusker Guest

deleted

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2007
  5. wiseone2

wiseone2 Artitst in Residence Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Brooklyn,NY
    Cat Anderson was the assiatant MD on an ice show I played at MSG many years ago. The trumpet section was Danny Stiles, Johnny Bello, Murray Karpilovsky, Al DiRisi and the kid, me. We did at least two shows a day during the week and four or five shows a day on the weekend. When Cat conducted we shifted the section around. Cat had a feature on the MSFB tune Soul Train, it is truly scary to be close to a fool playing that high ;-) Guess who was the strongest, loudest player? Murray the K unleashed a few high Cs that stopped Cat in his tracks :lol: He played a Besson Meha with a Glantz mouthpiece. He was the oldest guy there by far. It was a serious chop busting show.
    Wilmer

6. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Wilmer

I agree, ice shows and circuses have to be the toughest gigs out there!
    No time to even think!

It's too bad that you NEVER get recordings of the real "special" moments or gigs in your life that just happen.
    That ice show gig with THAT lineup must have been unforgettable!!!

-cw-

7. Rick Chartrand

Rick Chartrand Piano User

Nov 22, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Hey Daff

Ok Geez...strong endurance ok got it :lol:

Hey Wilmer

Well its usually a Quintete, Piano, Bass, Drums and Me. Well ya I dont play 100% all the time. The Sax has to get solos in there to :cool:. I also like to busk with friends or by myself to get extra cash and for a few laughs.

I think the reason I have good endurance is because I trained on mouthpieces the were so much bigger than the Heim 10c for years. You know, 3c and most recently 1c, so my chops have such an easy time with something as small as a 10c :lol:

Rick AKA Trumpet Man