What kind of "dustables" do you have?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by TrumpetMD, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    Whats dusting?

2. musicalmason

musicalmason Forte User

Dec 14, 2003
    Pa
    Gadgets. I am a sucker for gadgets. I've got multiple Warburton Pete's, which I use. I've got an APE, a power lung, various other breathing apparatuses. Other gadgets based on the pencil exercise, practice valve blocks, finger exercisers. Basically if you've seen an ad for a trumpet gadget, I probably have it. Most of them are covered in dust in a drawer.

3. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Gadgets! :-)

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    PM me. I have drugs that can help!:lol:

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    It's Busking after you have been standing around playing for hours and hours with not even a penny dropped in your case.

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    None of the above. I use everything to excess, Method books, trumpets, mutes, valve oil, yep-even brain cells. I rotate all my horns and materials on a daily basis so I can cover them all. I am compulsive about doing this. So do you think I have a compulsive medical disorder, Dr. TrumpetMD.

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    The closest I ever came to having a dustable was my Martin 10 mouthpiece. It was sitting on a shelf for a couple years until I bought my Pocket Trumpet. As it turns out, that Martin 10 makes the Pocket Trumpet sing. So the Martin 10 is no longer a paper weight, and is now a part of my weekly cycle. And to think, I almost gave it away to a TM member in Canada, Eh!

8. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Ohh Dear...

Too many of: that list is too short. But the good news is that I have almost convinced my better half that I have carpet savers in place. You don't need to vacuum and clean the carpet, if that space is taken up with....

I did say - almost.

9. Sethoflagos

Sethoflagos Utimate User

Aug 7, 2013
    Lagos, Nigeria
    Wick 4AL piece. Briefly seemed a good idea until the discovery that the receiver of the Holton bass will only accept a medium trombone shank. Plugged and stuck in the ground, it makes a pretty good birdbath.

Holton bass. This time last year, it was singing sweetly. Since the embouchure change, not one single note. You win some, you lose some.

10. motteatoj

motteatoj Mezzo Forte User

Feb 23, 2013
    Tuckahoe, NY
    My 4 dust able horns are on eBay right now.
    Method books are the #1.
    I refuse to buy anymore. Until I can play all I have (which will be never).