What makes a trumpet better than another?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Hitman0042, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. et_mike

et_mike Mezzo Forte User

Oct 16, 2007
    Chesapeake, VA
    Hitman, Ted is absolutely correct. It is very difficult to get an efficient practice session done in just 15 min a day. I suggest that you discuss with your teacher why he only wants you to play 15 minutes a day. If nothing else, practicing on your own 15 min a day doesn’t even prepare you for the two hours you say you are paying him for. It might be time for you to find another teacher. In any case, I would like to see you practice at least 30 min a day, preferably 1 hour. Always start with your warm up, and always start your warm up with breathing exercises. :thumbsup:

2. Hitman0042

Hitman0042 Banned

Aug 9, 2008
    Australia
    i cant play more than that. Lol MY lips start to burn mannn

3. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    I thought you said they get numb. :dontknow:

-cw-

4. Hitman0042

Hitman0042 Banned

Aug 9, 2008
    Australia
    yer same crap. Numb which means then i cant play the notes properly. Then they start to burn if i keep going on with it.

5. et_mike

et_mike Mezzo Forte User

Oct 16, 2007
    Chesapeake, VA
    How long is your lesson with your teacher? :dontknow:

6. Hitman0042

Hitman0042 Banned

Aug 9, 2008
    Australia
    1 hour and 30min to 2 hours. But we play a total of 15-20min and the rest is theory

7. et_mike

et_mike Mezzo Forte User

Oct 16, 2007
    Chesapeake, VA
    interesting :shock:

8. Hitman0042

Hitman0042 Banned

Aug 9, 2008
    Australia
    Whats the problem now? :dontknow:

9. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Vidin, Bulgaria
    Too much talking, too less playing. That's not how you should work on ednurance. It is not normal to get tired only after 20-30min of playing. A begginer should be able to play at least 1 hour with a short break in between...if not that means for me that you should be doing something wrong, or maybe your daily routine is wrong.

10. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Hitman - it's simple, play a little rest a little (same length of time) then play and rest some more. Follow the sorts of processes proposed to you by the likes of ROWUK, and you can only improve in every respect.

Use your intelligence to analyse what is happening, if necessary change ONE thing at a time. Can I suggest for example that you play a long note as you raise the bell of your trumpet, and when the sound is at it's best for you, then start your music making from there. Work out what works best for you and try to have fun - otherwise, what is the point.

The more you practice the better you will become - time is the killer - it apparently takes two years to train a fighter pilot and about five years to become a halfway decent musician - you CAN'T hurry it, it will take time, unless you are Harry Potter, and you know that is fiction (don't you?). ROFL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.