What Not To Use to Remove Lacquer

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by lovevixen555, Dec 21, 2008.

1. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    I couldn't possibly fail to disagree with you less.

Experience isn't always the best teacher; the best pupil isn't necessarily a prodigy. Communication always breaks down when people don't say what they mean. Sometimes I think folks would prefer to get their noses out of joint than to just press forward with the exchange of information. It is the information age, but it's still just a teenager. It will grow up when we do.

Anonymity is a subtle seductress.
    veery

2. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    You're just playing with my mind now aren't you veery?

I'm right on to you!

BTW - hasn't your English teacher ever talked about double negatives?

The varying levels of intelligence, education, and knowledge on a website such as this means that effective communication comes from plain speaking (writing), but sometimes .. just sometimes, the tacet invitation to tweek the mental funnybone is just too, too, attractive to ignore.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  3. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Sorry, no hispeekey hinglish. hey negateeve negateeve ees poseeteeve, ja?

ees noteeng rong weth fuhunny, ees baiter den getteeng oopset!
    veheery (hic)

4. TrumpEd

TrumpEd Pianissimo User

Oct 9, 2008
    Texas
    I do not believe moderators should be in the business of overt sarcasm at ANY time. The last sentence partial from "rowark" was not necessary.

This site just lost a lot of credibility with me.

5. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
    "This site just lost a lot of credibility with me."

That's a bit much, no? Mods need to be perfect like Jesus, even in the face of the onslaught that is Lovevixen?

6. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land

Aww C'mon Ed, Moderators like ROWUK, and even "rowark", are human too, aren't they? ROFL Yeah! Yeah! (oops double positive) now I'm being insensitive too, yipes. Be very aware that we Aussies are mostly very direct, and BS, sarcasm, ineundo, and irony are tools of trade - it's just the way we are, comes from the convict blood I suppose, or, or , or, maybe the beer - yep, that's it, it's the beer.

7. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Don't toss the baby out with the bath water. This forum belongs to the members - us - so the credibility you lost is in you, me, and the others. Like us, the mods are human. Everyone gets carried away, overreacts, and issues messages which don't really reflect our intent. Not out of malice, or callousness, but just a bit careless, because we're just typing onto a computer screen which offers no immediate feedback about the connections being made when another one of us logs in. The whole process is dehumanizing, the machines becoming our shields, our insulation, our safety, from which tossing barbs comes way too easily. Sometimes it is a great idea to get up and walk around, play some tunes, scratch the cat's chin, to allow us time to better formulate how we are going to engage others here at TM (and other sites).

8. Jim J

Jim J New Friend

Oct 7, 2008
    "I couldn't possibly fail to disagree with you less."

HA