What Piccolo Trumpet Should I Buy???

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ButlerBandgeek8, Apr 24, 2010.

1. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    The brand of picc is insignificant. You need to play the horn and make sure that YOU get along with it. There are so many large and small intonation and sound issues, even inside the same manufacturer and model. You simply have to pay before you play or buy from a shop with a good return policy. Also be prepared to experiment with mouthpieces once you have gotten familiar with the horn that you end up with.

My theory is that the first horn that you buy being great is LUCK. The horn you buy after developing experience becomes the skilled choice. All of the models that you mention can be excellent choices - if your face and brain find synergy with the hardware.

2. ButlerBandgeek8

ButlerBandgeek8 New Friend

Jan 21, 2010
    Butler, Pa
    Thank you very much 'Trumpetnick' and everyone else. I'm currently trying out the Yamaha 6810. I liked other models better, but do not have the budget for a nicer long bell one. I think I may buy it. Thanks again.

3. RichJ

RichJ Piano User

Jan 16, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    If you are buying on a budget, I'd buy used so that you don't lose as much (if any) when you ultimately sell it to upgrade. There's a big difference between a good and a so-so picc.