What the?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Smrtn, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Msen

Msen Piano User

Dec 28, 2011
    I live in the Horn
    I bet rowuk doesn't have any real friends, sad, sad, sad

and weird too...

2. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Huh?

3. Msen

Msen Piano User

Dec 28, 2011
    I live in the Horn
    Just saying another user complains about rowuk, read the first pages of the thread

lol -1 on customer support for rowuk

4. jaemard

jaemard Mezzo Piano User

Jul 2, 2012
    San Rafael, CA
    You okay, bud? Need any help? I'd think Rowuk has plenty of friends and he has helped out many of us who are willing to listen. Maybe you're the one that is a bit deficient in the friends department...?

5. Msen

Msen Piano User

Dec 28, 2011
    I live in the Horn
    No he doesn't, lol. How could he? He may treated with reverance here in a forum, but in real life, nope, no friends. At least not if he goes on his every day life with the same attitude.

Let him speak for him self though, no need to speak for him, he is a big boy.

This is a forum right? I can speak my mind right? I am not being rude or anything...

He truly is one of a kind though, I've been in US countless time, and everbody there is very careful not to offend others. Rowuk is truly the opposite, he really tries hard to be rude.

+1 for the effort rowk. I'd really like to have a conversation with you face to face. You seem to be very, very interesting man

6. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    MSEN,
    you are so for off base. In other areas of my life, stupidity never gets this far. The reasons are covered by a basic concept that Danny Meyer - a very successful Restaurateur coined many years ago:

"Forget the notion that the customer is always right - nobody is always right - and it is not even relavant that the customer is right or wrong.. The customer must always feel heard".

So, give me a break. I address EVERY SINGLE HYPOTHESIS. I gave you the courtesy of reading and responding. You were heard. What you said (as it applies to this subject)just couldn't stand up.

As far as my "friends here, I think that you are also so far off the mark, but what does that have to do with how a trumpet works?

You asked an already answered question again as it applies to the Jet Tone. If you don't understand the basic thoughts behind how the trumpet works, why should I bother to explain it again? Speed does not open the lip, Pressure does. Equilibrium lets us maintain vibration. If you don't understand the AC (buzz) and DC component (breathing), there is no hope for anything more advanced.

So, instead of hypothesizing about my (successful) personal life, practice and read more. Then you too could have something to offer worth reading!

I do prefer non internet communication, then you are who you are - and there is immediate feedback that governs how we interact. Call rude in my case "intolerance" of ignorance as I have previously defined it. Life is simply too short for cheap beer.

7. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I didn't think that you were capable, sorry. I have no more interest in trying.

8. Msen

Msen Piano User

Dec 28, 2011
    I live in the Horn
    lol I never asked you that question ROFL. You are talking about another user.

You should read carefuly, you are after all a moderator

9. Msen

Msen Piano User

Dec 28, 2011
    I live in the Horn
    The point I've made in the past is that you don't know how to behave, which is fine.

My problem is with you being rude and discouraging young players and that has everything to do with trumpet playing.

Before you judge other's take a look at yourself and just be honest. Ask yourself, could I have discouraged even a single young kid from playing the trumpet?

I guess you have, I read your posts. Adults may be able to handle you but younger kids may not.

And my you are quick to call someone stupid.

Go do your Cycle of breathing or whatever man, I just hope you are not teaching any young kids, for real...

10. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    Msen, I'm not sure what kind of beef you have with Rowuk, or why, but maybe, just possibly, you should take the time to go back through some of his posts for the content they contain rather than to try to pick a fight based on the tone of his posting, which often doesn't convey very well the true intent behind the written word.

It's often typical that when someone doesn't have a good argument to make against what someone has said, they instead make arguments about the person themselves. Is that what's going on here Msen? While I'd agree that Rowuk's written tone is sometimes a bit brusque, I don't see it as being particularly discouraging to a young player who truly wants to learn because he's doing them a favor by dispensing with the kinds of folly that young players often get wrapped up in. SO many young players (I'm big enough to admit that I was one of them too) get wrapped around the axle worrying about things like mouthpieces, horns, or they look for some kind of trick or gimmick that will accelerate their development. Rowuk tells it like it is - stop with the nonsense, and hit the woodshed with good breathing, and diligent work on the fundamentals. How is it discouraging to get a good healthy dose of truth? He's trying to help them and save them time and frustration. That's how I see it anyway.

We don't have to agree, and no one is 100% right all the time. Shall we just call it a situation where we should agree to disagree without trying to attack a person's character, and let it go at that? On a side note, I can assure you that Rowuk has many friends outside of this forum, although that has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

And KT, I'm not quite sure why you keep bringing up those fifes - how a fife produces sound and how a trumpet produces sound are barely related. Air speed and volume slows down as we ascend on the trumpet - compression and vibration speed increases. You put a lot more air through the horn at a faster speed playing a low F# than playing a 2nd ledger C.