What the?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Smrtn, Dec 2, 2014.

1. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    Pinching your lips down like a mousetrap will definitely kill your sound ----

2. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    It sure kills the mouse.

3. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    New definition for "Lip Service".....

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    More like lip disservice. We would NEVER want to do this as trumpet players. I guess this is why when trumpeters do this, the get a mousy sound.

5. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    Or injures fingers (providing there was enough potential energy in the spring of that particular mousetrap) ---- but the "mousetrap" analogy of your embouchure was perhaps the stupidest thing I've read on TM in quite some time. ((By the way "you detractors" can stop with the hate mail which always ends up as how you unthinkingly always support whatever Rowuk says)) --- uhm, people even Rowuk don't send hate mail like the rest of you do --

6. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I don't Rowuk if that's (good or bad) - but a lot of people feel they need to defend you --- and they often tell me how I should never disagree with you --- perhaps you could say a word or two, to calm your admiring fans down a bit --- gee whiz, I haven't even posted on but 6 or 7 threads in the last few months -- and this one in which I express "my opinion" -- gets the ire of the "Rowukites" or the "Rowukians" or whatever your fan club is called ------- I think maybe you're right --- you should close this thread

7. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Hmmm, :think:. Maybe "The order of the Rowuk"!!! Has that LOTR feel too it! ROFL

8. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Hmmm, :think:. Maybe "The order of the Rowuk"!!! Has that LOTR feel too it! ROFL

9. Sethoflagos

Sethoflagos Utimate User

Aug 7, 2013
    Lagos, Nigeria
    22 times (so far) and you still haven't told us how long you can hold a high note vs a low note. Come on, KT! You're holding up vital scientific advances here! :dontknow:

10. tjcombo

tjcombo Forte User

Nov 12, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Interesting experiment Seth. Just tried this and got 55/48/36 seconds for C above staff, G on and G below respectively - but I'm sure KT will do this with a DHC and pedal :evil: