What the?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Smrtn, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Ed Kennedy

Ed Kennedy Forte User

Nov 18, 2006
    Thank you.

2. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    What? You checked the doctor's weight in 2008? And you're in to checking his weight at all? In 2008, before either of you were on TM, were you in close contact then? Wow.

--bumblebee

3. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    He is not the only one. I would be interested in the upper register model that has a smaller aperature, more muscle tension of the chops and ever lower efficiency the higher that we play due to horn theory and the flare of the bell and leaderpipe. 4 liters of air per minute is a good start for non professionals in my opinion.

4. Sethoflagos

Sethoflagos Utimate User

Aug 7, 2013
    Lagos, Nigeria
    Never heard of him, Ed, so I guess this must be some kind of snide, parochial in-joke.

850 posts posted and only 13 likes given. Way to go! Merry Christmas! Hope Santa brought you some generosity of spirit. Because I think you could do with some.

5. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    That's alright, Seth. But it's a bit more than an inside joke, he was a rather well-known American comic, I suppose you would call him, kind of goofy scientist who confused everyone, including himself by overcomplicating everything. I don't know that he had all that much success, though. And some people are a little stingier than others when it comes to giving out the "likes". I hope I don't appear that way.
    "Happy Christmas" (said it the way you like to hear it)
    Haha. I know, our Grand daughter and myself had the discussion about "Happy" versus "Merry" last night, and her reasoning was priceless: She's 6, mind you, and she said, it just sounds better to say Merry Christmas. On the Charlie Brown special, they say Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown, not "Happy Christmas". See?

6. Phil986

Phil986 Forte User

Nov 16, 2009
    Near Portland, OR.
    Seth, it is my experience that any kind of personal attack should be avoided, as online communication lacks all the guardrails that keep people behaving when they interact in person. It is this time of the year when I wish nothing but peace to all, regardless of any other consideration.

Merry Christmas ya'll

7. Sethoflagos

Sethoflagos Utimate User

Aug 7, 2013
    Lagos, Nigeria
    I stand corrected, Philippe. But I never did quite get the hang of that turn the other cheek stuff. Reread your your post #37 again. Good stuff.

8. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I saw GM in May at a gig --- he was doing fine --- and my estimation on his weight was in accordance with his BMI of about 9% --- and his height of about 7 foot tall (well, actually GM appears 7 foot tall, a giant amongst us mere mortal trumpet players --- GM is bigger than life when he plays ---- but an actual height of about 5'8", a BMI of 9% (because GM is in good shape) -------------------------------------------------- I figure he weighs in at about 150 lbs. ---- perhaps with the amount of muscle mass he has, we could increase that to 165 lbs ---- either way -------------- GM is worth millions in his weight in GOLD