What TM has done for me

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by B15M, Dec 23, 2008.

1. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    I came here with a trumpet and a wish to be able to express on it what is inside me. Thanks to all of you, my wish is coming true. Every day with your help I get closer to realizing my lifelong dream of musical fulfillment. Next to love, there is no gift greater than music.
    Peace!
    veery

2. EdMann

EdMann Mezzo Forte User

Sep 20, 2007
    Los Angeles
    It's allowed me the opportunity to practice the two things I love the most: write and play well. Info found here, and at sister sites like this, have been a revelation. As a comebacker, I've gone from a lousy C# less than two years ago back to my silvery high F# and quite a bit higher on most days, and finally with no pain and MUCH less mashing of chops. I dare you to find a mark on my lips! Primarily, my sound is more consistent thanks to many of you. And then there are the horns a plenty! Learned about them and happily bought many of them.

Thank you and happy holidays,

Ed Mann
    MySpace.com - Ed Mann - 51 - Male - LA, California - www.myspace.com/jazzlips

3. Nerf

Nerf Piano User

Dec 7, 2008
    Virginia Beach, VA
    This site has given me a desire to WANT to play again. Too bad I found it while I'm deployed on an aircraft carrier w/out a trumpet!!! :-( When I get home, though....... :cool:

4. trumpet_man

trumpet_man Piano User

Jan 17, 2008
    Wyoming
    It's been nice having a great support group, and is also great being able to see diverse opinions. I've always got great advice from you guys as well heard many hilarious jokes/comments. Thanks.

5. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Download music and sing it. You can improve your sight reading this way until you get a horn in your hands.

6. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Veery, what do you reckon would be the advantage, if any, for Nerf not only to sing the scores but also whistle them - is that a positive approach to embouchure development do you think? :dontknow:

Last edited: Dec 25, 2008
  7. ADDER

ADDER Pianissimo User

May 25, 2008
    London UK
    This site has given me the guidance to play the trumpet the correct way, I have not got the funds to get a tutor at the moment and the advice from this site has been invaluable. Also a big thanks to those special people who helped me out with the couple of things I asked for on the Student help thread.

You people are diamonds.
    Happy Christmas and a happy new year to all the board users!

Adder

8. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Honestly, I don't know. Can't hurt, except my tongue curls under to whistle. I was 13 before I learned how, well after starting the trumpet. Maybe ROWUK has something to say in this regard.
    veery:whistle:

9. BergeronWannabe

BergeronWannabe Piano User

Feb 6, 2007
    I have learned SOOO much! Thank you...Merry Christmas.
    -Andrew

10. westview1900

westview1900 Piano User

Nov 30, 2005
    TM has helped me with playing tips and let me know about events that I would have been unaware of such as the free Town Hall Alison Balsam concert a while back which I enjoyed. Thank you all and happy holidays.