what to do after destroying the face in band camp

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Cpt.Funk, Aug 4, 2012.

1. D.C. Al fine

D.C. Al fine Banned

May 8, 2012
    USA
    Yes, that is not needed.

2. DaTrump

DaTrump Forte User

Oct 21, 2011
    Huntsville, Texas
    Right, which is why I suggested it, so the OP would be less prone to using pressure.

3. Cpt.Funk

Cpt.Funk New Friend

Jul 15, 2012
    Btw DaTrump, my band is from Florida.

Again all great advice, thanks!

4. mctrumpet98

mctrumpet98 Pianissimo User

Sep 29, 2011
    Down Under
    I kid not, although I am a kid. I didn't mean to offend you, so I am sorry. You may regard your opinion as 'right' or 'better' than mine, but is that not going against the fundamentals which form the liberation and equality in modern society?

We should let the OP decide who he listens to.

Not always. Only faster vibrations are required. Just think about it from a scientific perspective, or more specifically the wave model. Higher air speed --> shorter wavelengths and higher frequency --> higher pitch. Nothing more is needed, apart from getting your head around the concept and adjusting your mindset while playing.

That's how it worked for me anyway.

5. D.C. Al fine

D.C. Al fine Banned

May 8, 2012
    USA
    Im out.

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I think it's good down to here. But at this point, changing breathing techniques, air flow is not the problem. The problem is the OP needs to rest and take it easy. He has been using muscle in the band camp experience beyond the ability of lip muscle to cope with the strain. A little backing off and rest will be the best plan to returning to a baseline.

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Thank you DaTrump. I also PM'd our buddy Al regarding equations that apply to this situation. Perhaps between the two of us, we will be able to teach Al some basic concepts in physics and math. That's the kind of service you get from the members of TM OP, education, education, education [and some ridicule].

8. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Already given in Post #10. Use this adice, it will work well.

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    What is needed, Al as it relates only to your commentary is a basic understanding in physics.

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Thank you.