What to do before I play?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by PersonaSmith, Jan 8, 2012.

1. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I am supposing that after you practice the horns -- then you take a little Cat Nap??? ROFL ROFL ROFL

2. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Re: What to do before I play?
    Originally Posted by kingtrumpet
    I give pertinent advice to young trumpet players here -- and you twist it to sound so vulgar and disgusting.
    Ahhh, KT, don't think I have much to twist here: This was your comment: "when picking nose -- if a "girlfriend" is present -- then you must consume the booger -- if you flick it, it might hit her, NOT good -------If you wipe it on your pants -- then evidence remains of said "picking nose action", which will probably offend her ------------BUT it you eat the booger, then the evidence is gone..."

So in sticking to the theme of the thread [which has somehow taking the direction of doctors not shaking hands] I recommend not picking your nose, thereby avoiding all the yucky antics of our dear friend... Kingbooger.

BigDub here........
    Uhhhhhhboooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
    This has gone to new lows here, boobie prize goes to this thread for going the lowest.......:-P:shhh::huh::thumbdown:

3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    ............and how did you PICK up on that one??? ROFL ROFL ROFL

isn't she so cute??
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtAjpKN-GR0

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  4. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Fixed Ya!! ROFLROFLROFL

5. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Well, if I forget to close the bedroom door, there is the probable propensity that my sleeping partner would be our cat, "Snoop" and not my wife, but then how would I know since I'm asleep. However the cat doesn't like the sound of my O2 concentrator that I use when sleeping.

6. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    No pets anymore Ed......used to have a West Highland White Terrier that used to "sing along" whenever I played. Seemed like he was in pain, but would come and always want to be in the room when I would play. Maybe that tells you a little about my playing........he'd howl over it. :D but no, there are no pets or children to knock trumpet on floor prior to practicing.

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
  8. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I have had a few cats play my trumpet. The last I recall was Cyber_Shake. That cat got some great sounds out of my horns.

9. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Re: What to do before I play?

Oh, sorry, that's the original question isn't't -

Answer: I FOCUS. (Not a lot of focus in this thread chaps)

10. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    there would be FOCUS if people didn't misconstrue my idea of breathing properly --- and breathing through your nose -- to keep the lips on the mpc. and "cat naps"? --- well I think it is important to get adequate amounts of sleep, so one can FOCUS on playing the trumpet ---- ROFL ROFL ROFL