What Type of Money and Support Do Factory/Specific Brand Artist's Get?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by lovevixen555, Jan 22, 2009.

1. mchs3d

mchs3d Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2005
    Provo, UT
    There is an article is a past ITG journal, I can't remember which one, but it talks about this subject. Basically, it says that the corporations who sponsor artists DO NOT give them free trumpets, money, etc. Maybe a discount, but not a whole lot. I think that the purpose for this relationship is mutual recognition. Here's an example: Jens Lindemann is a Yamaha Performing Artist. He plays Yamahas exclusively. He gives the company a great reputation with his awesome playing. In return, they advertise him on big banners, their website, etc. His name gets out there because he is sponsored by a large, highly-reputable trumpet manufacturer. It's a win-win situation, but I do not think that he receives much compensation, if any, for playing Yamahas. Of course, the only way to know is to ask him yourself.

2. lovevixen555

lovevixen555 Banned

Nov 5, 2008
    Michigan
    That is a great answere mchs3d. I figured it might be something along those lines. I also understand that each artist has a different deal and only they would know 100% but it is still very intersting. thread to me at least!

3. lovevixen555

lovevixen555 Banned

Nov 5, 2008
    Michigan
    tptCarl are you trying to say he is dead???? I ask because giveing lessons to Gabriel if a Christian would make sense as he is dead but to other's they might not get the connection their???? Seeing how angles have access to perfect knoldge that is directly from God I would figure if anything Gabriel would be giveing him leassons but any way is that what you menat he is dead?

4. tptCarl

tptCarl Pianissimo User

Jan 17, 2006
    Cottonwood, Arizona
    giveing.......knoldge, by an angle giveing leassons . Yes, Maynard has passed. And I suspect even the angles could learn something.................. hmm might have meant angels

Schwab likes this.
  5. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Whatever else, I am quite sure Maynard would be seeking lessons from Gabriel and not the other way around.
    veery

6. hubnub

hubnub Piano User

May 4, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    maynard died?!?!?!.........;-)

7. wiseone2

wiseone2 Artitst in Residence Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Brooklyn,NY
    More than two years ago.

R.I.P. Maynard.

8. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    I don't know... Isn't Gabriel a classical cat, maybe he wants some jazz lessons! Whatever the case, the great Boss is no longer on this earth, but Lord o mighty... I sure can imagine the party I'm going to have when it's my turn... MF, Lious, et al....

9. hubnub

hubnub Piano User

May 4, 2007
    Cleveland, OH

.... Just keepin the "fun poking" going, Wilmer.... :thumbsup:

10. lovevixen555

lovevixen555 Banned

Nov 5, 2008
    Michigan
    That is too bad that he is dead. I like him as far as what i know about him. I liked his music. I am also a fan of older Holton's especialy pre-Leblanc. I think Leblanc has preety much killed Holton with very poor management of the brand.