What was Wynyon's Equipment on Classic Wynton

Discussion in 'Orchestra / Solo / Chamber Music' started by Bach 1 1/4C Man, Jul 1, 2004.

1. Bach 1 1/4C Man

Bach 1 1/4C Man Pianissimo User

Jun 10, 2004
    well on the cover and pictuers he is holding is monette RAJA

2. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    Which cover to which album? On the "Baroque Music for Trumept and Orchestra" album he's holding what appears to be a Schilke Pic.

3. trumpetpimp

trumpetpimp Piano User

Dec 6, 2003
    Toronto
    Classic Wynton is a compilation CD from several of his classical CD's.

He used several different sets of equipment on several recording dates. As far as I know he uses a Schilke P5-4 for his Baroque stuff, a Schilke E3-L with a Bach C bell for the Haydn, and a customized decorated Monette Raja for his Bb. I don't think he started using the 993 until he started touring with Lincoln Center but I could be wrong. I remember seeing a picture of him recording Carnaval with Eastan and the cornet he was holding was a traditional English style, not the new Monette style. I know he uses a Monette B2 for his Bb but I'm not sure about his other horns.

4. CJDJazzTpt

CJDJazzTpt Pianissimo User

May 31, 2004
    New Orleans, LA
    Dave Monette also let Wynton use a 'prototype' Eb trumpet on one of his recordings. And Wynton has a special-made Decorated C Cornet to use instead of a C Trumpet that is a Monette of course. He uses the Schilke picc.

5. sublmbadfish

sublmbadfish Pianissimo User

Jul 9, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    I think that before he used monette he use shilkie