WHAT WOULD YOU CHOOSE????

Discussion in 'Horns' started by eclipse trumpets, Jan 12, 2005.

1. eclipse trumpets

eclipse trumpets Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    Just wondered

If you were to win, what Eclipse product you would choose?

2. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    IF I were entering, it would take me almost 5 seconds to say "Red brass flugelhorn finished to match my MR and Eterna". But I'm not entering so... :D.

ps Copy of the rules has now been saved "just in case".

3. RichN

RichN Pianissimo User

Sep 25, 2004
    UK (Mids)
    MR or LY Bb trumpet, gold plate with scratched highlights. But what would I do with the money I've saved up to actually buy one?

Rich.

4. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Rich... buy a matching flugel. :D Make that a "C" if you're into orchestral stuff that requires a "C"

5. trumpetpimp

trumpetpimp Piano User

Dec 6, 2003
    Toronto
    I've got a few ideas based on what I got to try when I visited Bruce last summer.

A MR in scratch gold. I figure this is probably the most versatile and suitable instrument for the music I play. I could probably play it in just about any ensemble. I didn't actually get to try a MR on my trip to Northen Brass but I think that might've been the winner if I had tried one.

I might try and convince Leigh to do something custom. A medium classic with a bigger lead pipe. A light large yellow. A medium classic in red brass. I suppose I'd have to see what everything felt like when I got there.

The really interesting horn I'd be interested in having created is something I would call "The Black Hole". The horn would either be a copper bell or XLR in, get ready for this, scratch black lacquer with scratch silver accents. This horn, I'm sure, would be the ultimate jazz combo/soloist horn. The only thing that might prevent me from getting something like that is because it might be hard to play in classical situations(not too many classical guys playing anything but polished silver and the occasional polished gold horn). Also the timbre might be a little inflexible. Would it light up as well as a lighter horn? Plating would probably make it more flexible but then it can't be black.

6. pwillini

pwillini Pianissimo User

Mar 4, 2004
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Since my Bb stable already has 3 thoroughbreads in it I would have to add one of Leigh's flugelhorns! I'd love to have one in raw copper, with the beautiful tone ring that is on his Special Edition horns. Or do I want one in brushed gold? Or maybe another Bb, in polished gold!

Oh heck, I don't know, there are just too many choices! But by the time I win this one I'm sure to have figured it out!

Leigh, what do we have to do!!!!?????!!!!!?????

7. eclipse trumpets

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    Hi pwillini

The thread on what you have to do has recently been posted, go take a peek and see what you think.

Its not too difficult and worth a shot by everyone!

I don't want to hear anyone saying "i never win anything" or " i have all the horns i need"

Firstly You will always NEVER win if you NEVER enter!!!

And secondly, i have been around in this business quite a long time and have never yet met a player to turn down a free hand crafted horn.

Have a go!

The way we have set out this years contest means that if you are not strong in the writing area then you can avoid it and be more creative with your hands or a camera.

Best Wishes

Leigh

8. pwillini

pwillini Pianissimo User

Mar 4, 2004
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Leigh,

Unless someone already has one of your horns he can never have enough! (and that probably isn't even enough!) I'm looking forward to seeing your expert craftsmanship as you build a horn that will be used to further my playing ministry. I'm sure when I decide just what that will be I'll be more than pleased, especially when I get to play it in concert!

The requirements are incredible! What a wide ranging choice, I can't decide what to do! How many will try to figure out which of the first 2/4 requirements will impress you more?! I'm going to see if I can do each then decide!

Look for my submission, I look forward to meeting you should I win

9. eclipse trumpets

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    That what i like to see!

People with spirit

Regards

Leigh

10. silverstar

silverstar Mezzo Forte User

Jan 6, 2005
    I would get a flugelhorn with a satin gold finish. I'd most likely get some kind of fancy bracing, but I'm not sure about that...I have to do some more research. I've always wanted a flugelhorn!

:-)

Lara