What would you do if you were president?

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by B15M, Aug 5, 2005.

1. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    This was inspired by another thread in another section:

If you were president Bush, what would you do differently with regards to the war.

If I were the president I would put more troops in and win the war.
    I would run a police state until things calmed down. We let up way to early.

President Bush said in the beginning that we would pursue any state or government that helped terrorists. I say, "Go for it" or come home and give up.

I get mad every time I hear that another solder died over there. We need to fight back or come home.

2. brian moon

brian moon Forte User

I agree with you but I would go back to bombing the trouble areas. I would also do the Israeli thing. Any terrorrist's families would have their houses flattened . I wouldn't care what country they were in. I would also take out the Syrian government and Iranian government officials.

That would be a good start.

If I were Prez I would do one thing first. I would declare by executive order immediately that abortion is illegal. That would help America the most.

3. brassmouth

brassmouth New Friend

Jul 10, 2005
    New Jersey
    I've always been a fan of bombing the hell outta the opponent. :D

4. BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf Piano User

Nov 30, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    First, I would deport every illegal alien in our nation. Next I would start on electrified fence all along the southern border. I would then slowly move all fo our troops out of Iraq. Upon satisfaction of our troops retreat, I would order for the repeated carpert bombing of the entire region for 6 months. Then I would send back about 25,000 troops to finnish the job. With the onslaught of unused soldiers hanging around the states, I would station 50,000 troops on our border with orders to shoot on sight.

5. FlugelFlyer

FlugelFlyer Piano User

Dec 15, 2003
    Palos Park, IL
    Hmm, I consider myself Republican, but someone told me one I sound like John Kerry. Anyways:

I'd kill minimum wage. Let the market determine wages so jobs quit being outsourced.

I'd raid the country for illegal aliens and sleeper terrorist cells. If you're an illegal alien, you're gone. If you're a terrorist, you're a treasoner and will be treated according to law.

Government subsidies are given out for the arts only in primary and high school education. After that, find your own damn subsidy to paint a black circle on a canvas and sell it for a million dollars.

Find alternate fuel sources, but not at the expense of replacing an 18-wheeler with 36 Honda Insights or a jet with a go-kart powered by one's own self esteem.

Church and state will absolutely be seperated. Yes, that means the state will not recognize marriages and anyone who doesn't like that can start their own damn religion.

The judicial system will be held further accountable for stalling the legal system. It will be the people who hold them accountable, not the other two branches of government.

The TSA will stop pulling every 85 year old white lady aside for security checks and start pulling potential terrorists aside. Yes, if the IRA was a threat, that would include me.

City mayors will be held accountable for any corruption in their office, whether they were aware of it or not. That'll keep the Daley's out of office for not running their local government.

The government will be operated out of Washington DC, not out of Texas, and definately not out of France.

There will be no more death penalty, and then the US will stop taking the stick up the rear in the UN.

America's standing army must always have the capabilities it was meant to have, fight two major wars and successfully defend the homeland at the same time. True, I'm not in the armed forces, but if I was drafted, I wouldn't run.

6. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    B15M,

I want to understand the question clearly:

What would I have done in 2001
    or
    today with situations being as they are?

Which is it? Past or present?

ML

7. dbacon

dbacon Mezzo Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Scottsdale, AZ.
    Go find Osama.......

8. W Scott

W Scott Piano User

Dec 8, 2003
    Carson City, NV.
    Several things need to be done:

1. Screening at all points of entry/exit for mass transit for anyone who looks Arabic and is between 18 and approx. 34. Leave the rest of the folks alone.

2. We have far too few troops in Iraq. We're going too need closer to 300,00 to pacify the country enough to allow the Iraqis time to take over. I'd also say it's about time to tell Syria that they have one month to stop Syrian fighters from coming into Iraq. After that, if we find ONE Syrian insurgent, there will be a MOAB dropped on Damascus and we will declare war.

3. We have to seal off our borders. There is a proven corps of civilians who can, working with the Border Patrol and military, do this. Lets turn them loose on BOTH of our borders.

4. Every practicing Islam and every Mosque will be registered. There will be random background checks for every Muslim. Any Imam who utters any sort of Jihadist statement would be deported. Any terrorists that are found MUST be given the death penalty which MUST be carried out immedietly after the sentence is given.

9. cmcdougall

cmcdougall Piano User

Feb 3, 2005
    I feel like im president already because every decision President Bush makes almost i agree with, so pretty much if i were president i would do exactly whats being done already, and will be done until 2008 :D :D .

10. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    Farnham (a place too smal
    Take a stand on world poverty. There are millions of people dying in the world due to lack of the basic necessities of life, a country like the USA could help all of them, if it so wished.

Look beyond the borders of one country, take a stance as a world leader (which the job of US President is) that shows understanding of the world's needs, not just domestic matters.

Encourage greater international politics and understanding - working together, the world might achieve a better understanding of each other, rather than putting fingers in ears and saying "lalala we can't hear you, our way is right, the rest of you can go to hell."

How come I can feel the flames being lit under me at this moment?