What you need to do!

Discussion in 'Horns' started by eclipse trumpets, Nov 23, 2003.

1. eclipse trumpets

eclipse trumpets Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    Ok sorry for the delay!

The following sets out what is required of you in order to enter this contest.

You will probably notice that it is basically the same as before, it is a good way of doing things as setting standard questions will only serve to end up with so many correct answers and entries that we would have to pick the winner out of a hat.

1. Tell us how you would improve a trumpet with a new feature or design.

2. Give us a theme for a trumpet!
    For example "THE SPIDERMAN" maybe we would then cut out braces in the shape of cobwebs? and spray the horn red and black?

For these first 2 objectives please remember that we DO NOT yet have access to technology that you may have seen on Star Trek (The next Generation),Stargate or any of your favourite sci-fi shows.

Therefore please try to ensure that your ideas/suggestions do not force me to contact NASA for help. :lol:

3. (back to school time!) Write a short story using each of the following at least once.

A. A TYPE OF MUSICAL INSTRUMENT
    B. A COUNTRY OR CITY
    C. A FORM OF TRANSPORT
    D. AN ITEM OF CLOTHING
    E. A FOOD

4. And last but not least!

Apart from your brilliant answers to the above, please tell us just why you feel that you should win this contest.

Yes 3 and 4 are probably a waste of your time and energy! but i am a bit evil like that :twisted:

THE PRIZE! We at Eclipse will hand build a Bb trumpet for the winner, keeping as close to his/her desires as we possibly can while still keeping the horn sounding amazing.
    Shipped to anywhere in the world!

If i have missed anything then i am sure you will inform me.

All i have left to say is GOOD LUCK to everyone.

Leigh

Eclipse Trumpets reserve the right to change the Prize to a cheap music stand at any time! (only kidding! :D )
    [/b]

2. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    As long as the stand isn't a "Zuper Ztand". :D

3. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Just a reminder that the contest starts tomorrow.

BTW, what time zone are you speaking of here? I'm 7 hours ahead of N.Y.City.

Liad Bar-EL

4. eclipse trumpets

eclipse trumpets Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    Hi Liad

I think you can safely say we are open for business

The reason i put the start date before was to prevent a load of emails before i had even posted the objectives. Now i have outlined what we are after i think we can go ahead.

I doubt anyone will post very quickly anyhow, as what we have asked of you will probably take a little longer than 10 minutes i would guess.

If you feel that you have a great idea for 1 particular objective and want to get it down right away before someone else does then thats fine.
    You can always come back and put in the others later.
    What we must have is all 4 filled in by the finish date.

5. rdt1959

rdt1959 Pianissimo User

Oct 31, 2003
    Georgia
    I think I missed something...again. <all the yard work this weekend has made me a bit fuzzy mentally :wink: >

What is the finish date?

6. Mr. Stomvi

Mr. Stomvi Pianissimo User

Nov 14, 2003
    Eclipse contest

Leigh - Could you include cornets in your contest so that it could be trumpets/cornets ????

Thanks in advance

Seth Moore

7. Horn of Praise

Horn of Praise Pianissimo User

Nov 1, 2003
    United States
    Hi Dick,

The contest runs through January 25, 2004.

Good luck!

8. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Hi Leigh,

Are we to write only one short story for this contest? I have some more amazingly true stories.

What are you going to do with these stories? You could write a book of stories for the Eclipse and/or publish them on a seperate page on your web site.

All the best,

Liad Bar-EL

9. Horn of Praise

Horn of Praise Pianissimo User

Nov 1, 2003
    United States
    Hi Leigh,

From the quality of the entries that have been posted thus far, there are some people that want to win an Eclipse VERY BADLY!!! I am in awe of the amount of thought and effort that has been put it.

All the best.

10. rdt1959

rdt1959 Pianissimo User

Oct 31, 2003
    Georgia
    I like that idea. But, I wonder if you run into copy-right problems if the stories are posted on this forum?