Whatcha Playing Today?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Comeback, Sep 28, 2012.

1. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    :shock:

Is that my imagination, or did the topic of the thread get switched to "Herding Cats"?

Okay, a subject I know something about ... When herding cats, I like to use at least two dogs, small ones that won't eat the cats, during the herding. Also, you can entice them with the image of a giant field of mice (your destination), as far as the eye can see and the nose can smell. ;-)

Turtle

2. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Now, it's back to "Whatcha playing today?"

:stars:

I'm playing a cat herding tune. :dontknow:

Turtle

3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    So -- here we go again, another thread were I get confused (( I mean is it music we are playing, or the instruments??))-- OK, last night -- I cycled through the Yamaha Flugelhorn, a few trumpets (King Silver Flair, King 600, Olds Super) and the Olds Eb alto horn, and my Olds Trombone --- playing mostly scales and some songs in my community band folder.

4. Comeback

Comeback Forte User

Jun 22, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    True story. My wife and I had a country place on 20 acres where we raised our sons. She has always enjoyed pets, but we kept them out of the house due to her allergies. Anyway, she adopted a couple barn cats that were restricted to the outdoors and garage. This didn't sit too well with the cats. They really wanted to be house cats - maybe they had seen some TV commercials. Anyway, whenever they had the chance, they would race into the house and attempt to hide. The most effective means of cat eviction was me dragging out my old Official Boy Scout Bugle and blatting in their direction (this was long before I began my Comeback). The cats hated that bugle, and they would immediately race out the door as quickly as they had come in!:lol:

Jim

5. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Hahahaha .... A cat herding story to warm the heart. That's funny!!!

Turtle

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Today I'll be playing at the East Price Hill Jazz Fest with the Eddie Brookshire Quintet. I'll post the song list when I get back OR you can just get it yourself if you go:

[​IMG]

7. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Stop it!!! That"s cruel and unusual punishment for those that can't go!!!!!! ;-)

8. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    And it's FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I could afford that, if I could get there.

Turtle

9. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    GEEEEEEZ! Salt in the wound!!

10. Comeback

Comeback Forte User

Jun 22, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    "Today I'll be playing at the East Price Hill Jazz Fest with the Eddie Brookshire Quintet. I'll post the song list when I get back OR you can just get it yourself if you go:"
    What a great event, Gary! Good luck with the performance. Be sure to let us know how it went.
    Jim