Whats a good trumpet solo book

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by 1stTrumpet, Nov 28, 2009.

1. 1stTrumpet

1stTrumpet Pianissimo User

Nov 5, 2009
    I need one to audition for this band, preferably a Jazz Trumpet Solo book

2. Mamba21500

Mamba21500 Piano User

Feb 26, 2009
    You're not exactly giving us much to work with...

We have no idea of your ability, what sort of band it is etc. so unless we have some people that can remote view peoples minds on the forum, it will be hard to help...

3. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    Trumpets 11

4. 1stTrumpet

Nov 5, 2009
    Do you really need all of that, all you need to do is name some, its not that hard

5. rettepnoj

rettepnoj Fortissimo User

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    Trumpets 11 by Michael Davis is a great book, as Markie recomended! Hip-Bone Music Maximum Mastery is also a great book, but pretty advanced!

Arturo Sandovals transcriptions from Trumpet Evolution is a fun and good book!

Allen Vizzutti have a lot of nice play along books.

6. m13a8

m13a8 Pianissimo User

Oct 27, 2007
    Have you any idea how many trumpet solo books there are out there? Unless you narrow it down a little bit there's a huge possibility of us suggesting a book for you that's way over your head, way too easy for you, or the completely wrong style for what you're auditioning for. I doubt you'd want to play out of an orchestral excerpt book for a concert band, and I don't think you'd want to audition out of a Harry Potter for Solo Trumpet book for your school's jazz band.

So yes, all of that would be really helpful. I think it's sad that you can be so rude to people that just want to help you...

7. 1stTrumpet

Nov 5, 2009
    It seems like you were being rude to begin with, but whatever. If you didn't want to help you didn't really need to post to begin with

8. m13a8

m13a8 Pianissimo User

Oct 27, 2007
    I'm sorry but all Mamba was asking you for was that you help us so that we can help you more effectively...

9. 1stTrumpet

Nov 5, 2009
    Some type of intermediate book, it doesn't really matter

10. RB-R37297

RB-R37297 Pianissimo User

Mar 12, 2009
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    You weren't exactly civil to Mamba, who was just trying to get a little bit more information to help you out better...

If it's really not that hard to name some solo books for trumpet, why does this topic exist? Because you're asking for help from people. Be nice to people who are trying to help you.

B15M likes this.