Whats a good trumpet solo book

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by 1stTrumpet, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Graham

Graham Pianissimo User

Jun 8, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    How about the studies and tunes out of the back of the Arban?

2. m13a8

m13a8 Pianissimo User

Oct 27, 2007
    I'm still not sure if you mean a Jazz book or something a little different, but the etude book my instructor has me working out of now would probably be suitable for audition material for some bands. It's called Etudes in All Major and Minor Keys, by Sigmund Herring. Even if you decide not to use it for auditioning, sheetmusicplus.com has it for only $12 and it's definitely worth the money!

3. Adam V

Adam V Pianissimo User

Nov 1, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Somebody seriously needs to ban the O/P from this website...

4. dhbailey

dhbailey Piano User

Jul 28, 2009
    New Hampshire
    If it doesn't really matter, than go to a music store site like Hickey's Music or go to sheetmusic and do a search for solo books and buy the first one that pops up.

5. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Vidin, Bulgaria
    What do you mean by solo book? Do you want to play transcribed solos or just have the tunes?

To get tunes a Fake book or similar may do just fine. As for transcription book, they are quite a few - why HS refuse so much to use google and want so hard to be spoon fed?

If you want to get a CD accompaniment as well, you can always use Hal Leonard books.

6. rettepnoj

rettepnoj Fortissimo User

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    Huh? Why?

7. Phil986

Phil986 Forte User

Nov 16, 2009
    Near Portland, OR.
    It does not really matter? Seems to me you're not very interested in this at all. If you were, you'd be doing your own research for a solo book and then ask for some feedback from members on possible choices. What kind of music are you excited about? What would you like to play?
    I really don't find it rude that someone would ask you more because you did not say much in the first place. I'm finding it rude from you to be so short on your answer to people who seemed keen on helping. There is no shortage of sites with sheet music out there, like sheetmusicplus and many others. There are literally thousands of solo books, many with CD accompaniment. It seems you want someone to pick one for you and say "here, play this."

If it does not matter and you're not much interested in doing that audition, perhaps you should not do it and focus on stuff you are interested in. Your chances of auditioning good may be diminished if you don't feel excited about it.