"What's in Your Gig Bag Part II"

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by John Dover, Jan 28, 2011.

1. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    One thing that's in all of my cases so I always have it is business cards. You never know and I have got jobs because I had one to give out.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  2. kcmt01

kcmt01 Mezzo Forte User

Sep 25, 2009
    Polson, MT
    Toothbrush, valve oil, 3 clothespins, small clip-on light, mixer board user manual, mic clip, Korg digital tuner, another bottle of valve oil, small flashlight, roll of electrical tape, Leatherman, 6 harmonicas, pen, 1 jingle bell, slide grease, 1 pair of claves, another clip-on light, trumpet cleaning kit, pocket pc with music for breaks, handkerchief, invisible tape, another harmonica, 25' measuring tape (I wondered what I did with that!), cup mute, plunger mute, Harmon, 1 Old Spice classic deodorant stick, trumpet cleaning kit, velcro cord loop.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  3. Jfrancis

Jfrancis Pianissimo User

Jul 19, 2008
    Hannibal, MO
    Bb/C/Picc
    A french horn mouthpiece (insert in leadpipe, push in slide all the way - sounds alot like a flugel)
    Standard mutes
    mp3 player/adapter cords
    lead mouthpiece (modified Schilke 14A4A)
    regular mouthpiece (Bach 7C)
    Rags, oil, pencil
    I also keep some percussion toys with me.

4. Kujo20

Kujo20 Forte User

Sep 29, 2010
    Dang man! Are you sure that's not your suitcase?! You go prepared don't you! :lol:

5. kcmt01

kcmt01 Mezzo Forte User

Sep 25, 2009
    Polson, MT
    A lot of that stuff has to do with sound equipment.

6. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    After experiencing damage to a horn I wont take a gig bag anywhere. For tonights Big band Gig I will take 1 trumpet with 1 mouthpiece in a hard case, 4 mutes, mute holder, valve oil, trumpet stand and a clean handkerchief in a separate case.

The stand is only used while changing numbers or books, if I have to leave the stage my horn goes back in the hard case.

Regards, Stuart.

7. badabing

badabing New Friend

Jun 18, 2008
    i gots me some clean undaweah an' a condom fuddah soprano at tonight's gig in dere. ROFL

8. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    I'm with you 100%
    I don't mind using a gig bag to go to and from a gig but, what do you do with the trumpet on a break?

9. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    I dug a little deeper and found a key to lock the case. Since the key is always inside the case, God forbid the case should ever get locked by accident. There's also a paperback novel in there, "The Sun Also Rises", what I'm reading right now.

Turtle

10. hahkeystah

hahkeystah Piano User

Jan 12, 2011
    Charlottesville, VA
    are you joking, or are you honestly taking the extra effort to type in ebonics, a lazy way of speaking?