"What's in Your Gig Bag Part II"

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by John Dover, Jan 28, 2011.

1. kcmt01

kcmt01 Mezzo Forte User

Sep 25, 2009
    Polson, MT
    All of my horns go in their hard cases.

2. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    After dropping on of those tiny little scews from a trigger mechanism onto carpet ... :shock: ... I'm keeping a tiny jeweler's screwdriver in the case, and a little flashlight.

Turtle

3. Al Innella

Al Innella Forte User

Aug 9, 2007
    Levittown , NY
    Does anybody actually play a lot of gigs? I mean the only thing some of you didn't bring with you is the kitchen sink. I understand you want be prepared,but unless I can park close to the stage door ,(which in NY is impossible to do) I try to travel as light as possible.
    I bring what I need for the gig, not open up a music store.

B15M likes this.
  4. kcmt01

kcmt01 Mezzo Forte User

Sep 25, 2009
    Polson, MT
    We average about 3 gigs a month. In my van I also haul: 4 horns, an electric piano, the entire sound system, and stands for everything. And a German Shepherd to guard it all.

5. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    no! maybe that's my problem!!!! I can drive up to the door so I can unload my 3 horns, and the "gig" bag. I am overprepared - cause I won't need any of that stuff. In anycase -- this is my 3rd gig in 25 months -- but it is more like "re-entering" life as I was/am a "shut in -hermit" for almost a decade --- and before these 3 gigs, I hadn't played in front of a live audience for those 10 yrs ---- of course I quit the trumpet for 7 yrs in there also -- and that didn't help.
    I know - play, be happy, please the audience - it will be all good, I know it will, I am prepared.

6. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    You guys are way over-thinking it, or you're really strong

7. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    thanks, I will be ok --- I am prepared, the audience is friendly anyhow --- today is Sat., my lips feel good, and I knocked back on the practices from 3hrs a night to 1 hr the last 3 nights ---- I will do my best to have FUN when I play --- and play to the audience - I know what they want (just for me to play, that's all), that's a help.

8. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Gigs? What gigs? That's what I take to my music lessons, or to jam with friends. What's the difference?:dontknow: You still might need it. I do agree, though. Some of the lists look more like preparing for an expedition than a gig.

Turtle

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  9. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I hear ya!!!! +1 here.

10. Al Innella

Al Innella Forte User

Aug 9, 2007
    Levittown , NY
    Hi! Obviously you're more than just a trumpet player in the band.Any way the original question was what you had in your "gig bag"? So just how big is your gig bag?ROFL