What's next for Kanstul????

Discussion in 'Horns' started by drac, Mar 22, 2004.

1. drac

drac Pianissimo User

Mar 9, 2004
    Does anyone know what the next trumpet by Kanstul will be? Another remake perhaps??? Maybe a vintage King Student horn?? (just kidding). If anyone knows what they are up to for the future please post, I would be interested......My vote would be for a Monette imitation. I am certain someone can come up with a remake that doesn't cost a kidney. Post any thoughts if you have them!!

Jon

2. dyeabsley

dyeabsley New Friend

Feb 29, 2004
    New Zealand
    How about an echo cornet?
    I would pay good money for one of those suckers! :shock:

-Daniel

3. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Daniel, check the Andy Callard website. He took a chinese horn and used the 2nd bell and valve bits which he then added to a Getzen Eterna to make one. As he says, they're interesting, but have EXTREMELY LIMITED applications.

(That second bell always reminds me of the tuned exhaust on a dirt bike... or a snowmobile).

4. Kanstulbrass

Kanstulbrass Pianissimo User

Nov 10, 2003
    Anaheim, CA
    If there's one thing that Zig likes to do it's make horns. In the afternoons and some Saturday mornings, Zig is at the bench hard at work. Lately, he's been developing a series of trombones. We have three new 1500 Signature Series tenor and bass trombones and we have three new 1600 Symphony Series bass trombones. These were first shown at this year's NAMM, and will appear next week at the MusikMesse in Frankfurt. Both series of trombones feature the Kanstul controlled resistance rotor and all the high-end options you'd expect in a professional level trombone.

As for trumpets - there's a lightweight copper bell trumpet in the works...

5. gus

gus Pianissimo User

Nov 10, 2003
    Something it would be nice is to have a rendition of
    the classic Martin Committee Medium bore or the
    Fabulous Olds Recording perfectioned and improved.

Gus

6. JACKKANSTUL

JACKKANSTUL Pianissimo User

If you want a horn that goes in more the direction of a Monette try the 1500A. It is an incredible horn. Puts out a wall of sound. And it RESONATES like only a Kanstul can.

To the Resonance-It's what makes a Kanstul

Jack Kanstul

7. chetbaker

chetbaker Pianissimo User

Nov 17, 2003
    GEORGIA
    How about the original Selmer K-Modified?!? :D

Butch

8. drac

drac Pianissimo User

Mar 9, 2004
    Damn!!!! Someone mentioned there is a light weight copper bell trumpet in the works from Kanstul!! That is exactly what I am looking for currently. I love the 1500 and I am very close to buying one but now I may have to wait....grrrr buying a new horn can be frustrating. I haven't been able to try the 1500a but maybe in the near future. Thanks for the input!!! Hey Jack, can you guys make a special order Chicago series with a copper bell???

Jon

9. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    Not to steal Kanstul's thunder, it would be awesome for them to do, but Taylor has already done an Olds Recording on their vintage series. I don't know the cost, though. Prolly a leg :(

10. djm6701

djm6701 Pianissimo User

I'll second the request for a new Recording, and I don't think the old design needs any improvements. Jack, what do you think?