What's on your music stand?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Manny Laureano, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Mzony

Mzony Pianissimo User

Nov 14, 2004
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    The Arbans book, The Charlier etudes, the Los Angeles Philharmonic list, and an IN-N-OUT Bumper sticker I leave on my stand for motivation! :lol:
    "I would like a double double, animal style please!"
    Mike

2. trmptr

trmptr Pianissimo User

May 10, 2005
    Bemidji, MN
    Masks - Dana Wilson (cool piece!)
    Four Miniatures - Joseph Turrin
    learning these two new pieces for a recital in Lethbridge, Alberta in October...

Top Tones - Walter Smith (sheesh these are hard!)

3. MahlerBrass

MahlerBrass Piano User

Oct 1, 2004
    Houston, TX
    My basics book (which consists of Cichowicz flows, Clarkes, Arban's, etc) Bai Lin book, Tomasi etudes, Tomasi Concerto, Telemann Concerto in D, and the Haydn. Those Tomasi charts are really keeping me busy, tough stuff!

4. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Sorry to say, they do. We've done it and it really just has to do with coordinating MD schedules. They're gone from home so often that it's a real drag sometimes. The age of the MD that is home for almost the whole season is done, unfortunately. We have Osmo for a fair amount but it's also nice that he's out there getting the exposure he deserves, in my opinion.

But I know what you mean. My audition for Boston was the same way. It got spread out over several months but I played fine anyway. Charlie just played better and showed greater experience than I had. He was 41 and I was 25. Hard to beat experience like that.

ML

5. Stradivarius

Stradivarius New Friend

Aug 24, 2005
    California, US
    arbans book , "Soldid Men To The Front" march by john phillip sousa(MARCHING BAND), jamie abersold(or howerever you spell it books (JAZZ)), our field show with themes from aliens and the rocketeer

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so many band practices!!!!! oh well... its definetely more fun than sitting at home!

6. trumpet blower88

trumpet blower88 Mezzo Piano User

Jun 15, 2005
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Whats on my music stand?

An early score of a work in progress of mine. It's just 12 stalvs of piano music with melody, counter melody, harmony... blah blah blah on it... Normaly the Arbans book is on my stand, but right now it's in the back of my car... alot of good it's doing there...

7. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Hey, TB... who's to say that one day you might not be composer-in-residence for the Chicago Symphony?

It could happen.

ML

8. trumpet blower88

trumpet blower88 Mezzo Piano User

Jun 15, 2005
    Flagstaff, AZ
    That would be nice....

9. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Pianissimo User

Ok, here goes..

Arban (popular this isn't it?)
    Vizzutti Book 1
    How Brass Players do it (Ridgeon)

Abersold, Blues in all Keys (Jam session at the Waggon & Horses tonight.. might go and join in!!)
    The Jazz Style of Miles Davis (David N. Baker)

Eden for Brass Band (John Pickard) 2nd Cornet part in preparation for British Brass Band National finals in the Albert Hall in October.

1 pencil.

:D

10. iguananaught

iguananaught Pianissimo User

Mar 10, 2005
    Hmmmmm. Today there is a mix of stuff. Tomasi Concerto, Ewazen Sonata and an old Marine Band audition set with some fun band excerpts in it like Copland Rodeo transcription and Pines off stage solo. I also have my quintet folder out as I have rehearsal with them in a week. YIKES! I need to get in shape for that........Gotta go. Horns calling.

patrick