What's on your music stand?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Manny Laureano, Sep 4, 2005.

1. MalinTrumpet

MalinTrumpet Pianissimo User

Nov 7, 2004
    New York City
    What's on my music stand

Etude Books:
    Lacour: 28 Etudes-Impromptus
    Berdiev: 17 Studies
    Uber:21 Solo Studies
    Stevens: Changing Meter Studies
    Concone: Complete Solfeggi

Exercises and Drills:
    Shuebruk: Lip Trainer, Grade 2
    Bai Lin: Lip Flexibilities

Haydn Concerto: Performing it with The Bronx Symphony in Nov.

Also, a mirror, a metronome and a pencil

Larry Malin

2. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    The word "Manhasset"... dreams... hopes... and the ashes that they have become. In them a phoenix awaits...

3. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    for some reason my stand has the name of my college painted on it :-?

;-)

other than that:

Concone, Clarke, Goldman, Bousquet, Flow Studies, 50 selected songs for high voice, vl 1-5 of the cd rom library, and the Haydn

4. trmpt_chica

trmpt_chica New Friend

Jun 29, 2005
    CALIFORNIA BABY!
    u know the sad thing is i have never heard of any of this music, you all have on your stands, in MY LIFE!! :shock: seriousley never!! if you would like to inform me what these pieces are i'd be much abliged ( i cant spell that well) anywho on my stand right now..is.. besides my hat, and my robe....i have my music folder for band and greatest movie themes, and a star wars music books.... i just love movie themes, oh in my music folder i have all my practice sheets that help with tounging and stuff like that......i feel very ignorant right now.....

oh yah manny I LOVE YOUR PICTURE!!! IT ROCKS!!!! :D

5. Clarino

Clarino Mezzo Piano User

Nov 9, 2003
    Sheffield, England, UK
    On the stand right now, Clarke Technical. That's pretty much all I'm doing at the moment. :-( (but I do have a load of other stuff on the sideboard which is waiting to get some airtime-gotta make a start on that!)

I'm not sure my music stand could hold up the Arban. I need to get a conductor's stand!

6. music matters

music matters Pianissimo User

Apr 26, 2004
    ON Canada
    Hi Jack,

Yes Quiet City is wonderful isn't it. I bought two recordings of it - John Miller and Phil Smith. They are both wonderful but I prefer the Phil Smith one - if you haven't got it I can recommend it.

Enjoy!

Graham.

7. pots13

pots13 New Friend

Dec 5, 2004
    Generally I'll have my Arban's, Clarke's, my warmup (whichever one it is for the day, I have one for every day to insure I don't get bored doing them), whichever other book I need to practice out of for lessons, whatever band music I'm doing, and what piece I'm struggling to learn now (i.e. Carnival of Venice, Prayer of St. Gregory, Grand Russian Fantasia, etc.). Of course all of this won't fit on my stand at once, but this is generally what's on my slate...
    All the best,
    Pots

8. Derek Reaban

Derek Reaban Mezzo Piano User

Jun 16, 2005
    Tempe, Arizona
    I guess I’m the only one with the Remington Warm-Up on my stand. It’s a trombone warm-up, but I really like the order of his exercises and what he includes. I use this for the majority of my maintenance work.

Top Tones

1st and 2nd Trumpet Parts for:
    Tchaikovsky – Romeo and Juliet Overture
    Carmen Fantasy
    Beethoven Symphony No. 5

I’ve been preparing for a rehearsal at Phoenix Symphony Hall for the past month and I know this music as well as I would for most performances. I’ve never been this prepared for a rehearsal in my life. It’s really nice to have learned all of the parts, played them many times with several different recordings, and spent countless hours listening to these CDs in the car for the last 4-5 weeks.

Tonight is the “play-in†rehearsal at the renovated hall, and I’ll be playing with a hodge-podge orchestra made up of players from around the valley. We also get to meet the new music director of the Phoenix Symphony (Michael Christie) who happens to be a trumpet player. I’ll take whatever part I’m given, but I know them all backwards and forwards!

trmpt_chica

Seeing your reference to the Star Wars book on your stand, I thought you would enjoy a post that I wrote several months ago:

9. trmpt_chica

trmpt_chica New Friend

Jun 29, 2005
    CALIFORNIA BABY!
    Hey thanx that was enjoyable and a cute story! :D

10. cmcdougall

cmcdougall Piano User

Feb 3, 2005
    On my stand......

Arban's classical conservatory method for trumpet(Arban book). Petite Piece Concertante by Guillaum Balay. The Hindemith Sonate. Top 50 classical orchestral excerpts by Phillip Norris(currently struggling through Caprricio Espagnole and Rimsky-Korsakov's Scheherazade). And last but not least Roger Voisin studies for trumpet II.