What's up with F5

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Sethoflagos, Dec 5, 2014.

1. RRVancil

RRVancil Piano User

Sep 24, 2009
    Littleton, Colorado
    Hi Seth,

Try Rowuk's trick. Take a long, hot shower before you practice. It sounds like you are forcing things as you ascend. Good luck.

Rick

2. Sethoflagos

Sethoflagos Utimate User

Aug 7, 2013
    Lagos, Nigeria
    Actually, a long, hot shower after a good nights rest, Rick. Work had me slaving away into the early hours a few nights last week, and that's not optimum.

There's always some feeling of being below the note trying to pull it down when I go above the stave, but some days are better than others. Today has been one of the better ones :-)

3. Phil986

Phil986 Forte User

Nov 16, 2009
    Near Portland, OR.
    Plus I'm not sure that a hot shower in the Lagos area is necessarily that relaxing, unless you really push the AC first...;-)

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    But just think how clean the notes will sound.

5. Sethoflagos

Sethoflagos Utimate User

Aug 7, 2013
    Lagos, Nigeria
    Just takes practice, Phil.

....or rather practice and diesel

....or rather practice, diesel and water.

When it isn't always there, you learn to appreciate when it is. And that goes for all sorts of stuff :-)

6. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    wow -- your right --- I totally don't understand you (or your people - TM'ers) anymore --- the last few threads I've answered with (what I thought) were legitimate answers (your people) claimed the same thing -- """"KT YOU DIDNT UNDERSTAND THE POINT"""" --- maybe if your people would speak English, I could understand them -------- I QUIT, I'M not going to try to answer any thread with any serious answers anymore ----- I am just going to go listen to my CD of Eddie Brookshire Quintet -----

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Simple music, played by simple people, that's for sure!

8. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    at least the CD doesn't tell me that I'm not listening correctly, or that I don't understand the song, or the music ---- just the relaxing sounds of EBQ ---

9. Sethoflagos

Sethoflagos Utimate User

Aug 7, 2013
    Lagos, Nigeria
    Are you still whinging like a pommie about this, KT?

My OP was no big deal really. It's not that noticeable now (it was 12 months ago); I've some vague ideas of what causes it; and thanks largely to Dr Mark, a somewhat better idea of how to correct it.

If TM has reinforced one principle for me over the last year or so, it's that we must focus on root causes, not symptoms. So when you tell me to pull 1st slide to compensate for the over-pitching, I'm sorry but that's a sticking plaster, not a permanent remedy.

I'm also sorry I can't express this in a way that wouldn't slight a ballerina, but in Yorkshire we have any residual vestiges of diplomacy and empathy surgically removed at birth. We just can't help saying it as we see it.

Sorry.

Or at least what passes for sorry in Yorkshire.

10. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    So, then Yorkshire's a suburb of Holland? :D