What's with THIS!???

Discussion in 'Horns' started by Tootsall, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Ever since Lara went to pick up her new Eclipse, there have been various pictures of a few folk who seem to have had their hair turned RED! One trumpet forum even had a thread running "What's with Eclipse and Red Wigs?"

Well, a few days ago I started to notice a little change in the reflection I saw in the bathroom mirror. At first I blamed it on the sunset (which, out here on the prairie, can be startlingly red at times). However soon my wife started to comment too.

My next thought was that it had to have something to do with the trumpet! Yes, playing the Eclipse seems to make my hair turn gradually more and more red. It's also a LOT longer! (At my age, a small and slowly growing "solar collector" is not an unusual occurance!)

Anyway, short of giving up the Eclipse (something I won't do), I am willing to consider suggestions as to how I might be able to reverse this process (although I'd gladly keep the length!) Besides... I find that the longer hair tends to get into my soup when eating dinner.

To assist the knowledgeable readers within this website I am posting a recent photo (taken just today) of this shocking characteristic. I am sure that someone can make an appropriate recommendation! (as long as it has nothing to do with giving up the horn OR "where the sun don't shine")

[​IMG]

(dammit, Leigh... you promised me there'd be no side effects)

2. camelbrass

camelbrass Mezzo Forte User

Nov 5, 2003
    Dubai, UAE
    Right that's it Leigh..I was going to drop in to try that new cornet of yours but I refuse to end up looking like Ed. The red hair I can take but I draw the line at grey moustache and CHIPS sunglasses.

Ed, your supposed to blow into that darn thing, not suck on it!!!

Regards,

Trevor

PS Did Leigh give you that digital watch as well? I thought they were really cool... in 1977.

3. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    Ed- You can rest assured that leading scientists at this very moment are working to solve the problem. It seems that some alien species has inhabited Leigh's factory and has bestowed this evil curse upon his horns. All those with red wigs wil be abducted by aliens in the next coming weeks; just keep on top of it in the Weekly World News!

4. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Trev, the sunglasses aren't (probably the only thing that isn't). They're just regular, prescription, multi-focal, photogrey glasses. Unfortunately the mustache IS real. (The wife won't let me shave it off... make of THAT what you will)

5. silverstar

silverstar Mezzo Forte User

Jan 6, 2005
    Hmm...are you sure you didn't go to my school's homecoming football game? Oh...wait....that was after I was in England....I'm scared now!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Um...I"m scared now....

Lara

6. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Lara, your hair (at least in those photos) is about the same color as my daughter's! Except that she's got this blonde streak across the forehead.

HEY! Maybe THAT is where the red is from!!!!!! SARAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

7. silverstar

Jan 6, 2005
    What haircolor though? My real haircolor (boring brown) or the spray-painted red top?

Lara

PS...I thought it was PINK wigs? I have a new pink wig too....and a blonde wig....

8. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.
    Hey Lara!!

Is gilding of a lily REALLY needed?

OLDLOU>>

P.S. That was meant as a compliment.

9. silverstar

Jan 6, 2005
    :oops: :oops:

Gwarsh!

Thanks...

Lara

10. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.
    What's with this?

Don't let my compliment cause you to be overwhelmed. As the father of three girls and the grandfather of six girls, I have had the opportunity of observing girls as they pass a mirror. They ALL look EVERY TIME, and for a usually protracted period. This means that they ALL know how good they look. They even try out different smiles,frowns, pleading looks, etc.. How else to con dad/grandpa into/out of something? Their mothers all laugh at this, knowing just what is happening and that none of this is for THEIR benefit. They know, because they practiced this many years ago. In my collection of grand daughters I have three who are teenagers. These are the ones who work the hardest on me. They even "gild the lily" on occasion, just like you. The reasons might be different, but, the appearance is the same.
    BTW, I know that you know that you are gorgeous. Revel in it, kid. It will fade soon enough.

Hoping that you still consider me a friend,OLDLOU>>