What's wrong with this picture?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by tobylou8, Jul 19, 2011.

Tags:
  1. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Vidin, Bulgaria
    Now Bulgarians are short, with long pinkies??? OMG, let me check my pinky....

2. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Maybe I'm having a bad day here, but I just don't see what's funny about this trumpet - it looks JUST LIKE mine apart from the 1st slide trigger and the o'rings? There is no mention of the lyre holder being on the 3rd slide in anything I can see in the listing description - perhaps the vendor has changed the listing because of all your laughter? As an Aussie politician once enquired, "Please explain?" :shock::dontknow:

3. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Vidin, Bulgaria
    Just a clarification - I am not the seller and don't I know who is he (nor I care about...)

4. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    guy, it's obviously been placed there to help with resonance ... heck with the critical brace placement and tension.. now you can slap a lyre on there and a bunch of music and watch your lead pipe twist .... it has got to some wonderful things to the playability of the horn ....

5. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    The lyre holder has been put on top of the leadpipe before the tuning slide. Never ever seen any horn made that way. Since it's refurbished/restored it appears it was put back in the wrong place. Also, there are several typos. It's not as funny now, it's just another bad listing.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  6. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    We squeezed all the humor out of it and now it's just road kill.:-(

Turtle

7. Conntribution

Conntribution Fortissimo User

Dec 25, 2010
    Lloyd Harbor NY.
    Well now Sport, Ebay makes Lyres of us all.

8. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon

:lol:ROFL

Turtle

9. frankmike

frankmike Piano User

Dec 5, 2008
    thats not slide adjustment it is where you stick the lyre

so there is nothing wrong with this picture. placement for the lyre is usually on the bottom part om tuning slide -but here is on the upper side -so what!?

10. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Well, here's the other thing no one noticed ( I didn't want to point out all this horns faults w/o folks taking a whack at it!). The tuning slide brace is in the wrong position for a 900. Even now, the 900's brace is part of the tuning slide. I guess he put it there to help support the weight of the lyre and music on the lead pipe. ROFL Maybe it gives it a dark smoky sound with honey drippin' overtones (there, the humor is back!!)!ROFLROFL