What's wrong with this picture?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by tobylou8, Jul 19, 2011.

Tags:
  1. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Thanks Tobylou - that's where I'd got BOTH my year of birth identifiers. My original calculations put it at 1973 and I had that site stored in my favourites, now I look and the same trumpet seems to be getting younger. I might just have to go to the Getzen site and ask the question directly - perhaps that is the reason that Getzen don't link to it anymore - perhaps it has been corrected (as they ask down the bottom of the linked page).

Whatever has happened, I can now no longer be certain of the timeline on which my trumpet sits - and it frustrates me a little. Be that as it may, it is a truly nice horn, I love the sound, I love the valves - they are the best I have on any of my trumpets, but my Harrelson is easier to play accurately :dontknow:.

2. JediYoda

JediYoda Mezzo Piano User

Sep 25, 2010
    State of Confusion
    at least he DIDN`T have the lyre holder mounted on the first valve cap.....so you can see the music easier...

3. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    If it helps, my 900H is SK16xxx and my dad bought that in the early 70's.

4. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    It helps in that it tells me that mine is a later trumpet being SK41816 - other than that I'm still in the fog of uncertainty - not a place I'm generally very comfortable.

I have knocked out an email to Getzen this morning - between posts here on TM, and sent them the serial number and some photos - let's see where that leads.

5. operagost

operagost Forte User

Jan 25, 2009
    Spring City, PA, USA
    Having a lyre attached to the lead pipe simply doesn't make sense because the music would then be above one's line of sight. I guess if you made a special lyre that had a very short L-bracket... but why? The standard design is fine.