What's you "other" job?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by iainmcl, May 7, 2008.

1. HoboTrumpet

HoboTrumpet Pianissimo User

Feb 3, 2006
    New Ulm, MN
    I'm a copywriter for a calendar publishing company.

2. Cotton

Cotton New Friend

Feb 14, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Cable guy, 30+ years soon to retire. Currently a line maintainence tech (keeps the system running), spent many years as a lineman. Climbed more poles then anybody should.

3. tony h

tony h Pianissimo User

Feb 21, 2008
    I mould statues , fountains , etc. for gardens and try to snatch a couple of hours in the evening to practice,

4. RGood

RGood Piano User

Apr 20, 2008
    Deep in the heart of TX
    I recently retired from corporate life - many years in Information Management for a major global healthcare products corporation. So building a kayak from kit in my unlimited spare time and trying to rediscover the trumpet - if only I could find my embouchure....now where did I put it???? Also trying a spin with the acoustic guitar.

5. mcstock

mcstock New Friend

Aug 15, 2005
    Norman OK
    Me too. MM in Music History and an MLS. I'm currently on the faculty of the University of Oklahoma, running the Fine Arts and Architecture libraries.

Matt

6. conemaugh

conemaugh New Friend

Feb 15, 2007
    Georgia
    I'm an Assistant Vice President of Information Technology. Been in IT for over 40 years. I'm planning to retire next year and hope to joint several local musical organizations, something I wanted to do since I left college but was to busy doing other things like raising a family...

7. Stile442

Stile442 Piano User

Mar 26, 2007
    Deland Fl
    I own and run an on-site computer repair company.

8. gglassmeyer

gglassmeyer Piano User

Apr 28, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Computer programmer / analyst and Technical support work for a large grocery retailer. Our group focuses on systems used by our manufacturing plants.

9. stchasking

stchasking Forte User

Jun 11, 2006
    27 years as an aircraft structural engineer. Half in Seattle and most in St. Louis.
    I was a contract engineer. I grew tired of supporting hole drillers and fillers in the last year
    so I quit. I am now retired and build plywood boats, practice trumpet. I help out a local high school orchestra when they are short on trumpets.

10. iainmcl

iainmcl Pianissimo User

Nov 4, 2006
    New Zealand
    Hi all. I'm finding this quite interesting to see what else everyone gets up to when they're not playing/practicing. I know it's not entirely a Trumpet related topic, but it's nice to know a little background of some of the people that post here.
    Cheers >-iii-