Where can I find original music compositions?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by acarcido, Dec 10, 2010.

1. acarcido

acarcido Forte User

Dec 28, 2009
    Ontario, Ca
    Hello to all my fellow horn guru's. I am looking for some original music compositions to play for our church Christmas service. The timing is last minute so transcribing all the parts is not an option for me at this point in time. In specific, I am looking for two songs from the band Chicago. They have an awesome version of "This Christmas" and "Christmas Time is Here". I've found the origanal compositions by Hathaway but, I need a full Jazz band composition.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Many thanks for reading this post and I wish you all a safe and blessed holiday season.

AC

2. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Try this site.

Sheet Music Plus - World's Largest Selection of Sheet Music

Timing last minute? No way! You got 2 whole weeks! Our "leader" picked our songs for this Sunday's service last night! Woohoo, I'm stoked! I guess they forgot it was coming? I try to keep it on my calendar so I don't forget when it is. 12/24 right, or 25, something like that. :roll: I can actually cut them some slack on Easter. Only God Himself knows with any certainty when it is from year to year! Hope this helps and you appreciate the humor. Have a Merry Christmas!:thumbsup:

3. acarcido

acarcido Forte User

Dec 28, 2009
    Ontario, Ca
    Hi Tobylou8,

Many thanks for the link. Any and all suggestions are welcomed. Yes, we have a whole week to prepare, but some of the players are flying in from Colorado and others from Texas. I don;t even know some of the other guys we're playing with on this. LOL It's all good though, it's praise and worship and we do all we can to give our Lord the best. Thanks again and God bless.

AC

4. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Our players all fly by the seat of their pants! :lol: Amen, God bless you too!