Where not to practice

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Darten, Aug 31, 2010.

1. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Ahhh there sounds a true teacher - all sense of embarrassment dissipates when you stand up and make a fool of yourself in front of a class - I've been known to buzz in front of my students - they think I'm nuts, I just remove ALL doubt. I too buzz in the car, and while shopping, and any activity not actually using my mouth for other things.

2. dhbailey

dhbailey Piano User

Jul 28, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I know what you mean about the "not wasting anymore time" and the people around me can be damned if they don't like my buzzing, tonguing practice or they stare at me in my car with P.E.T.E. in my mouth!

Everyday I keep thinking -- "If I only had this passion back when I was 20!"

3. Darten

Darten Mezzo Piano User

Dec 21, 2009
    New York City
    I would never want that... My sister in law is from the Bronx, that is bad enough. Maybe I should wear a shirt that says: Manhattanite buzzing, stay 50 feet back.

4. jim trpt1

jim trpt1 Pianissimo User

Aug 7, 2010
    greensboro nc
    A lot people will think your weird because you play an instrument, so who cares?

5. larry tscharner

larry tscharner Forte User

Apr 30, 2010
    dubuque iowa
    Embrace the wierdness. Your comback line was perfect. Best wishes.

6. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    I used to buzz a MP on the back deck of my house until my neighbor asked me one day what was up with all the duck calling. The buzz sounds better now .... more like an angry bee .... but I do it inside.

Turtle

7. Mark B

Mark B Pianissimo User

Aug 20, 2010
    Redlands, CA
    I was buzzing my MP in the car on the way to my lesson last night. I wonder how that looked to my fellow motorists?

Mark

8. Alex_C

Alex_C Piano User

May 30, 2010
    Gilroy, California
    There I fixed it for you.

9. Alex_C

Alex_C Piano User

May 30, 2010
    Gilroy, California
    "Man! You'd never believe what I saw on the way home from work! I saw this guy having to blow into a Breathalyzer ALL THE TIME to drive his car!"

tobylou8 likes this.
  10. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Thats funnyROFLROFL