Where O Where Have All the Mods Gone???

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by turtlejimmy, Jul 27, 2012.

1. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon

BUSTED! :oops:

Was it the recent remark that "Turtles Rule" that gave me away?

Hey, loud people would do well in a Turtle run world. Trumpeters would thrive. My motto: "Free Health Care for anyone regularly hitting double high C's" (you'll probably need it) :lol:

Turtle

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    This mod is playing a lot and enjoying it (2 CD productions and a lot of "period" music).

I also have been spending time educating myself instead of repeating myself here. For those interested, it is horn related and I am one of the morons/audio dummies there: GoodSoundClub - Romy the Cat's Audio Site.

It is an open but private site and I think that Romy because of that can get away with telling the truth instead of beating around the bush. The site owner is dedicated to the PROCESS not the hardware. Sound familar?

Calling an idiot a moron (common at the goodsounds site) here at TM would be a real issue though. That is why a certain amount of journalistic capabilities have kept me from getting thrown out. We have to deal with real idiocy in different ways that often cause indignance with those only looking for bandaids.

I will probably be back more regularly in September (projects will be then finished) - as obnoxious as ever.

By the way, I do answer PMs regularly - even if you don't see me active here.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
    kingtrumpet likes this.
  3. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    TJ, Happy now???!!!:stars::stars::stars:

4. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Actually, yes. I like our Mod Squad and I feel reassured that our ship is being run by someone other than the unruly passengers. :-)

I mean, just imagine what would have happened to the Titanic if nobody had been running the ship ... :-?

Turtle

5. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I don't know if maybe that was TJ's angle on this thread. The "pranksters" should do their thing in a lounge thread if thats what they want to do. If a thread is seriously going sideways, as many do lately, isn't that what the Mods are for, keeping us rubes on topic?
    As far as whether a "Top Gun" player wants to participate by posting (I've talked to several local players about the site), they either take themselves too seriously ala Buddy Rich. or it's their job and it's the last thing they want to talk about at the end of a long hard day. They don't want to debate with a kid who knows little about trumpet and even less about music on backbore nuances. I feel your pain.

6. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon

That's just good observational geometry. Yes. However, I didn't have in mind those other "superb players" who won't post here, I was thinking of those of us who do participate. I'm not really sure this site needs more participants who would "add considerable knowledge to this site", it seems to me that TM is fully loaded with knowledge and information about the trumpet. We're not sending it to the moon, we're just making noise on it. :dontknow:

I wouldn't be too sure those other so-called "superb players" would have anything interesting to add. Trumpeting ATTITUDE is far more important in the long run than SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE.

Turtle

7. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    This has been my observation about superb players. When they get together, they don't talk trumpet! Most are normal "just like us"! :D They talk sports, politics, cars, money, family, etc.. On this site, they would be more interesting perhaps in the lounge telling war stories. Not that I don't welcome them, the more the merrier! BUT, if their attitude is this site is "beneath them", we don't need that IMO.

8. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    let me also say that TM DOES HAVE PRO's that regularly participate. So this site IS NOT beneath them. Let me name a couple -- Local357 (controversial as they come) and Dr. Mark (who sends PM's but CHOOSES to NOT post). I only use these 2 as an example, primarily because they have PMed me in the past and have given excellent advice to me.

Sometimes it makes me wonder (why a relative nobody, like me, who is unlikely to go pro anytime garners attention from some of the pros, they must see something in some of my posts to catch their attention) --- NONETHELESS they have given me valuable information. Local357 about transistioning to the trombone, and being able to play trumpet and trombone at a "better" level --- Dr. Mark has given me valuable tips on the trumpet.

LOOK -- each of these guys is a PROFESSIONAL MUSICIAN -- (I do believe, I know exactly who they are --- THEY CHOOSE TO REMAIN ANONYMOUS --- I RESPECT THAT. ) other pro's could also do that.

it is interesting though -- when I PMed and thanked them BY NAME --- they suddenly "become more silent" towards me ---- so obviously I know who they are.

I gather that most pros have their reasons for being at TM, and most have their reasons for remaining anonymous -----

thanks for all the help local357 and Dr. Mark ---- and you see, I kept you anonymous ---- "a deal is a deal" with me!!!!!!!!!!
    ken (the nobody knows me) trumpet player ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL