WHERE THEY GONNA SEND THE INVITATIONS?

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Solar Bell, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
  2. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    :lol: @ subject line....can't...........breath.........tummy..................hurts

3. Martin Williams

Martin Williams Mezzo Piano User

Apr 29, 2005
    Columbus, Oh-hi-uh
    deep breaths Alex, deep breaths. I agree it is kind of silly, but hey, if it makes detroit look like something other than crap hole some parts of it are for a few days while the media and everyone is there, I guess they dont mind one bit.

I find it humorous, that the superbowl is being held at a stadium about a third the size of Ohio Stadium(Ohio stadium holds, 104,000 the superbowl is being held in a stadium holding i think 36000)

Here in buckeye land, the horseshoe is packed EVERY game

4. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Being a native Metro Detroiter as I am I can say this with absolute certainty. This is representitive of how business is done there. I remember me and my wife were sick when on January 1, 2005 the media started a count down to the super bowl.

I wonder who they think that they are kidding. Detroit is not Jacksonville, I'm sure all it will take is for one journalist to go astray down Cass Avenue towards Fenkell and it'll be all over but the shouting.

I can't wait to see Detroit get spanked in the media. Don't get me wrong I'm from there, but sometimes I think a spanking is a very humbling expirence and I'm hoping this will wake up the city and suburbs as to what is really important.

As for the whole Buck eye thing previously posted, as a die hard U of M fan I think the big house 107,000 plus is the better venue! But we wouldn't want to play the big game in the cold now would we?

5. Martin Williams

Apr 29, 2005
    Columbus, Oh-hi-uh
    From a song I played with one of my bands outside of school: "Hey Ann Arobor, you know that place you call the 'big house'? it aint nothin but a big, putrid pile of rotting cannine, fecal matter..."

Also, what, are you afriad of a little cold?

6. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Ouch! I don't know that the horse shoe is any better!

Well, I can't say much about the year the Wolverines had this year, I concead the the Buckeyes were the better team (This Year), however there's always next hear isn't there?

Congrats on your bowl win, Michigan of course choked.

As for the cold, I was poking the NFL on that one. I'd have no problem at all with a football game outside in February. How many superbowls past were played with snow flakes flying. I'm from Michigan, to me that's perfect football weather.

7. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Martin Williams

Martin, Martin, Martin....

Are you sure you want to do this? It could get ugly.

Let's be civil in here.
    There are plenty of OSU and Michigan guys in here and we have all been very good with each other.
    Starting the stuff you did with the last comment will put us in the cage, and it will not be pretty.
    There is anoTHer forum where you can start all the crap you want...but let's not do it here.

Chuck Willard

BTW The NFL rewarded the Ford family with the Super Bowl for the years of good ownership and for building what the NFL considers to be a 'State of the Art" stadium.
    Stadium capasity is 64,355 with a general seating capasity of 53,412

-cw-

8. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    I'm gonna throw a match in this pile of fireworks and then running like mad... yes, but please call me "Mr". Coward.

Isn't funny that some of the toughest people in our country live in the great lakes area... I don't get it... I know it wasn't Canada that made you all so tough... what gives?

Now I understand about LA & Texas... we need backbone down there to defend us from Mexico and the rest of South America... (and yes, I'm Brazilian by birth so I can slam myself...)

There is no reason to defend Florida... we've already lost that state... :lol:

[ running away.... ] :twisted:

9. Martin Williams

Apr 29, 2005
    Columbus, Oh-hi-uh
    I cant be to mean about michigan now, my best freind from high school got a full scolarship just to punt at U of M. He was redshirted this year, his name was Zoltan Mesko