Where to focus my efforts?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by akinsgre, Feb 21, 2013.

1. BinaryHulledIon

BinaryHulledIon Piano User

Nov 23, 2012
    Spartanburg, SC
    Hey, relax. I could never get any sort of definition to the "ku" syllable of double or trickle tonguing, and it's never gotten in my way. If I ever wind up taking lessons again, I might ask about that, but until then, meh, fake it till you make it.

2. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Akinsgre, now would be the perfect time for a lesson. You can get a laundry list of things to work on by having some real ears listen to you. You'll have plenty to practice, and it will help keep you out of bars with seedy trumpet players.

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Little E's is a great environment to have some real ears listen to you. It is a great bar... OK the trumpet players at this bar may be seedy, but we are among good company, same song; same bar; different trumpet players - GM Onady vs Sean Jones:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DEjZccdzgg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExMGFOUwExM

I have met up with several TM members here at Little E's, sharing great conversation, musical ideas and each other's horns. There is nothing like to real world to learn the real lessons of horn playing. Come on down VB from Parts Unknown, I am sure we can share some great stories and techniques of tongue exercises and plant a few seed at the same time.

4. hhsTrumpet

hhsTrumpet Piano User

Dec 3, 2011
    California
    Fundamentals are a lot more important than learning new music. The better your fundamentals are the faster things are going to be when learning a new piece. Pick up the horn when ever you have the slightest amount of time to spare throughout the day. You have more free time than you think.

5. Brad-K

Brad-K Piano User

Jun 18, 2011