Which Drum Corp Has the Best Trumpet Line

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by SpiritDCI08, Feb 18, 2009.

1. SpiritDCI08

SpiritDCI08 Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Campbell, KY
    It's in my opinion that the Blue Devils only have a good trumpet line because their chops are well rested. During the season if I only rehersed for 3 to 4 hours a day I'd br banging too. But luckly I'm in a real corps and we reherse from 0700 to 2000 everyday.

And their addictions might help them play better too.

2. et_mike

et_mike Mezzo Forte User

Oct 16, 2007
    Chesapeake, VA
    ROFL Really?? When is the last time Spirit won a World Championship?? .... maybe you guys should trim the rehersal time down so you can perform better with WELL RESTED CHOPS.... :shock: And before you start yelling at me and calling me names.... you opened the door on this one. ;-)

3. SpiritDCI08

SpiritDCI08 Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Campbell, KY
    No...I totally agree with you. And I'm not immature like some people on this site and argue with people. Everyones' opinion is their opinion.

I has long been asked at Spirit to trim our rehersal times and it has never happend. Joel Vincent will not allow it for some reason. For which he probably has a good and vaild explaination for. And Spirit has never won, but that doesn't make them a bad corps.

Most Corps reherse all day. The Cavaliers and Phantom Regiment are known for their intense long hard rehersal days. And they always throw down at shows.

4. et_mike

et_mike Mezzo Forte User

Oct 16, 2007
    Chesapeake, VA
    yes... true statement.... I don't think Spirit is a bad corps at all... I have alway enjoyed their (now your) shows...

5. SpiritDCI08

SpiritDCI08 Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Campbell, KY
    I love Phantom Regiment to death, and my freshman year I was obsessed with them. I always wanted to join them. BUT!!!This summer we rehersed with them and GOD DAMN. How those players even last the entire summer is amazing. Not only that, but reherse their nuts off, and still kick ass. Call me lazy, but I'll stick with my plans and audition of The Cavaliers.

6. DCB

DCB Pianissimo User

Mar 10, 2004
    N. Florida
    VK

7. beckhome

beckhome New Friend

Feb 10, 2008
    Tigard, Oregon
    You think the Cavaliers is going to be any different? Drum Corps is the Marine Corps of music.

8. SpiritDCI08

SpiritDCI08 Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Campbell, KY
    The Cavaliers are alittle better
    I've been to their practice

9. derekkress

derekkress Pianissimo User

Oct 8, 2007
    Montreal Qc Canada
    Don't forget the Devils are usually made up of the best players from Canada and the U.S. The soprano line are experienced players many of them attending University and where the soloist from their previous corps. These guys practice but have the added experience.Also compared to other corps one could say these aren't the most difficult shows to march. There have been years where the drill was complicated but all in all their drill minimizes the stress as to maximize and showcase their playing abilities. Remember the soloist in most corps always finds a way to be up front and running around the least. I'm glad though to see that we still love our individual corps and there is always the love hate relationship.

10. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008