While since i've been able to practice

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by David_N, Jan 30, 2006.

1. David_N

David_N New Friend

Dec 28, 2005
    .Ok i just got letter to say that i got into the Australia Youth Orchestra !!!!!!!!. I can't stay in the full on orchestra cos its based on the east coast and i dont live there but they have a full on two week camp in january in Sydney where they have somethin like 7 concerts which are broadcast on live national radio during the two weeks.

But yeh i've sort of got a dilema because i've been saving up my money for a while for a C trumpet and im like half way, or i could just spend the money to go on the camp :?:

Anyway im just stoked i got in. :D good thing i rested for a while.

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Forget the C and go to the camp!

ML

3. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    Manny is right. Anything that you would play on a C, you can do on the Bb, and it will be a great opportunity for transposition practice.

4. David_N

David_N New Friend

Dec 28, 2005
    hahahahahahhaah
    sweeeeeeeeeet i guess its settled then. :D

5. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    Yep - go to the camp. Experience trumps equipment every time. :D Not only will you learn tons, but it is quite possible that you will make new lifelong friends. I went to the Rocky Mountain Summer Music Camp in Fort Collins, Colorado in three summers - 1986, 87 and 88. I still communicate with some of the people I met there and I haven't even seen some of them in over 10 years - it's tough when they still live in Colorado and I'm in Maryland. Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that for me, instruments have come and gone (I don't even own a C trumpet anymore) but those friends are still there.

Congrats on being accepted into the Australia Youth Orchestra! :-)

6. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    Congratulations on the camp acceptance! You will have many, many opportunities to buy equipment...but opportunities like that one come along far less frequently. Sounds like you're going to have a great time and some great experiences!