White Sox Win!

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by BigBadWolf, Oct 27, 2005.

1. BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf Piano User

Nov 30, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    First World Series title in 88 years!

2. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    The South side of Chicago

Is the BADDEST part of town!

Congrats Sox

-cw-

3. BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf Piano User

Nov 30, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    [​IMG]

4. FlugelFlyer

FlugelFlyer Piano User

Dec 15, 2003
    Palos Park, IL
    Good thing I got home from work before the game was over!

Anyways, congrats to Chicago on the first world series in over 170 team-seasons. Is that possible? :-o

The ever cynical
    -Mike

Once again, congrats!

5. frank

frank Piano User

May 28, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Why is it called "World Series"? :?:

6. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Because the World Series was started and played in America in 1903. No one else was playing it at the level we were at that time and certainly not for a very long time after that, not even in Japan or Latin America. There were individual stars in those countries but by the time the '30's rolled around America reigned supreme at the game it invented. The name "World Series" is part of the tradition of baseball. Baseball, at its best, is all about tradition and the "name "World Series" is part of one of those traditions. There are two Canadian teams as of the 60's and 70's, Montreal and Toronto, as part of Major League Baseball.

Besides, if I had a penny for everytime someone from another country about what a dumb game it is ( I was recently informed by a young soccer-playing fellow what a non-sport baseball was) I'd be rich.

We have a "Little League World Series" game that occurs with 12 year-olds in Williamsburg, Pennsylvania that is usually fun to watch. Taiwan used to come over here and whip our butts year after year. Recently there was a game between Cuba and the US team. Japan has been here. It's nice to see those kids playing.

The closest you'll ever come to seeing a baseball series that involves adults from all other countries is the summer olympics.

So, in summary: our game, our traditions.

Later, Frank,

ML

7. frank

frank Piano User

May 28, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Thanks Manny,

I'm glad to learn about your games and your traditions! Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Best wishes

Frank

8. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Frank,

Es ist mein Vergnügen, mein Freund.

ML

9. frank

frank Piano User

May 28, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Manny,

Es ist mir auch ein Vergnügen! :cool:

10. P.K.Bloo

P.K.Bloo New Friend

Oct 25, 2005
    Iowa
    I picked the Sox from the start of the playoffs....I actually picked them to win in 6, but hey, a sweep is good, too. LOL. Congrats to them and all the fans!

I'm actually a Cubs fan, and I'm sticking to my original prediction that since the Red Sox and Whites Sox have won in consecutive years, the Cubs are next for 2006....... :D