White to play Turrin "Chronicles" at Indiana State

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by robertwhite, Nov 11, 2003.

1. robertwhite

robertwhite Mezzo Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Hi Folks,

Shameless plug for an ISU Symphonic Wind Ensemble performance on December 3rd at 7:30pm in Tilson Auditorium on the Indiana State University campus. I will be the soloist in Joseph Turrin's "Chronicles", a work featured on the Phil Smith/Joe Alessi CD "Fandango".

Anyone else ever play this badboy? Sure is difficult! It's a lot of fun, though, too. If you're in the area, please check it out!

2. romey1

romey1 Banned

Oct 25, 2003
    out

3. BAM

BAM New Friend

Oct 26, 2003
    If you're within a 7 or 8 hour drive, check out bob. He can play is a$$ off!

BAM

4. BAM

BAM New Friend

Oct 26, 2003
    I heard the Brandenburg is the encore.

5. BamaJPB

BamaJPB New Friend

Nov 16, 2003
    Shameless Plug

Shameless plug, but I must agree. Mr. White can play circles around his horn, God Bless him!!!

JB

6. njp

njp New Friend

Nov 10, 2003
    Yo! Philly
    Christmas Brass?

Is it true that the Christmas Brass Trumpet Ensemble featuring Mr. Willet and Ms. Amber Lynn on Piccolo will follow?

7. robertwhite

robertwhite Mezzo Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Bravo, njp for recollecting the brass artistry of the Isaac Willett Memorial Holiday trumpet ensemble.

Other famous members of that star-studded group, some of us may remember, include:

Peter North
    James DeLaGarza
    Michael Felgate
    Jenna Jameson

...the list goes on and on. These artists live on in memory for quite a few of us...

8. No BS

No BS New Friend

Nov 2, 2003
    Mike Felgate? Whatever happened to that guy? Hope your performance went well Bob.