who cant sing?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by frankmike, Jul 12, 2012.

do you feel the need to throw the tpt, and can you sing

Poll closed Aug 16, 2012.
  1. I can sing, and have never felt the need to throw my tpt into the wall

21 vote(s)
    45.7%
  2. I cant sing, and have never felt the need to throw my tpt into the wal

10 vote(s)
    21.7%
  3. I can sing, and sometimes feel the need to throw my tpt into the wal

7 vote(s)
    15.2%
  4. I cant sing, and sometimes feel the need to throw my tpt into the wal

8 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. frankmike

frankmike Piano User

Dec 5, 2008
    Ok interesting question arose, so please for the scientific purposes fill in the poll

thank you

2. Martin Williams

Martin Williams Mezzo Piano User

Apr 29, 2005
    Columbus, Oh-hi-uh
    I used to tell everyone I was in band for a reason when friends wanted me to do choir.

I guess they win, because I teach choir now! (In addition to band and all other music classes of course)

3. kctrumpeteer

kctrumpeteer Piano User

Dec 23, 2009
    I've never sang / been able to or tried, but have been told that I need to learn my scales / key signatures on the piano as well as the trumpet and to sing the notes for the various intervals... e.g. so basically get the sound of the note and pitch differences in my head so to improve my ear. SO perfect fourth might sing a C and then sing an F.

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    so far it appears that roughly 2/3 of the participants don't need to throw their trumpets against the wall -- and some say they can sing, and other say that can't sing ---- and we would really need to have an objective opinion on whether they can or can not sing -----

5. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    There's more possibility for objectivity for the question of have you ever had the urge to throw your trumpet than the question about singing ability. I'm not sure many people can say objectively if they can sing or not. Trumpet players may have a slightly more objective view of themselves, well, some do.

6. chenzo

chenzo Piano User

Jul 18, 2008
    Aust
    Can I sing? mmmm........... Yes in the shower alone. I think this question is a loaded question.

7. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    One of the reasons that I play the trumpet is so I can make the trumpet sing, so I don't have too.
    Although, I can sing. I and my listeners prefer the trumpet singing over my voice.

8. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.
    In my case, I can not only play the trumpet, but, I CAN sing. I was bass section leader for a leading barbershop chorus for many years, as well as singing in various ensembles in evangelical churches in Michigan.

OLDLOU>>

9. supposeda3

supposeda3 Piano User

Jan 3, 2009
    Central PA
    I always say that there is a reason God shoved a trumpet into my face....even He doesnt want to hear me sing! :oops:

10. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Everyone can sing. Nobody can't sing. However, a lot of the peoples .... they sing very very badly.

Turtle